Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home page


Observing >> Solar Observing and Imaging

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
sullij1
Carpal Tunnel


Reged: 11/08/08

Re: Bummed about my 2.5x powermate [Re: rigel123]
      #5707888 - 03/01/13 10:10 PM

Thanks for the follow up Warren. Valuable information for anyone battling the issue.

Edited by sullij1 (03/01/13 10:11 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
marktownley
Postmaster


Reged: 08/19/08

Loc: West Midlands, UK
Re: Bummed about my 2.5x powermate new [Re: sullij1]
      #5708179 - 03/02/13 04:21 AM

Yes, useful info there Warren, thanks

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ASTROTRUCK
sage


Reged: 01/02/10

Re: Bummed about my 2.5x powermate new [Re: rigel123]
      #5708611 - 03/02/13 11:25 AM

note that the advert states that removal of the nosepiece adapts to ccd's so maybe also to the dmk's

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
rigel123
Postmaster
*****

Reged: 06/29/09

Loc: SW Ohio
Re: Bummed about my 2.5x powermate new [Re: ASTROTRUCK]
      #5708894 - 03/02/13 02:08 PM

Quote:

note that the advert states that removal of the nosepiece adapts to ccd's so maybe also to the dmk's




Yep, need to read more closely before I order! The guy I spoke with at Televue was great, very helpful and asked a lot of questions about my setup before giving me the advice.


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
rigel123
Postmaster
*****

Reged: 06/29/09

Loc: SW Ohio
Re: Bummed about my 2.5x powermate Updated new [Re: rigel123]
      #5725798 - 03/11/13 12:56 PM Attachment (20 downloads)

Finally got all of the pieces and of course it is cloudy. For those of you interested, here is a look at the set up that I'll be testing out once I get to see the sun again!

First image is the Camera and Televue 2.5 X Powermate


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
rigel123
Postmaster
*****

Reged: 06/29/09

Loc: SW Ohio
Re: Bummed about my 2.5x powermate Updated new [Re: rigel123]
      #5725805 - 03/11/13 12:59 PM Attachment (19 downloads)

Here are the parts you need after taking the Eyepiece Holder off the Powermate (Oh yeah, you'll see where I cut and rotated the T to C adapter as I had it turned the wrong way!!)

Edited by rigel123 (03/11/13 12:59 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
rigel123
Postmaster
*****

Reged: 06/29/09

Loc: SW Ohio
Re: Bummed about my 2.5x powermate Updated new [Re: rigel123]
      #5725811 - 03/11/13 01:01 PM Attachment (15 downloads)

And finally assembled. I measured the distance from the Powermate to the chip prior to replacing the parts at 55mm and this brings it down to 40mm.

I'll report back after I get a chance to use it to see how it works!


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
raylal
Carpal Tunnel


Reged: 04/19/10

Loc: Cornwall, Ont., Canada
Re: Bummed about my 2.5x powermate Updated new [Re: rigel123]
      #5727529 - 03/12/13 06:34 AM

Good luck Warren. Anxious to see results.

Ray


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jim Lafferty
Carpal Tunnel


Reged: 06/30/07

Loc: Southern California
Re: Bummed about my 2.5x powermate Updated new [Re: raylal]
      #5727603 - 03/12/13 08:16 AM

Yup thats exactly the configuration I use with a DMK 41 and 2.5x powermate--works great!

JIm


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
rigel123
Postmaster
*****

Reged: 06/29/09

Loc: SW Ohio
Re: Bummed about my 2.5x powermate Updated new [Re: Jim Lafferty]
      #5728242 - 03/12/13 02:02 PM

Quote:

Yup thats exactly the configuration I use with a DMK 41 and 2.5x powermate--works great!

JIm




That's great to hear. I'll be sure to report back.


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
marktownley
Postmaster


Reged: 08/19/08

Loc: West Midlands, UK
Re: Bummed about my 2.5x powermate Updated new [Re: rigel123]
      #5728641 - 03/12/13 05:26 PM

Quote:

Here are the parts you need after taking the Eyepiece Holder off the Powermate (Oh yeah, you'll see where I cut and rotated the T to C adapter as I had it turned the wrong way!!)




Useful to know can get that adapter from edmunds optics...


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ASTROTRUCK
sage


Reged: 01/02/10

Re: Bummed about my 2.5x powermate Updated new [Re: rigel123]
      #5728990 - 03/12/13 09:03 PM

the photo of the line up shows the powermate ptr1250 + an edmund adapter BUT the astronomics blurb suggests that only the 1250 is necessary as it is supposed to couple the powermate directly to the dmk ??? the quote below is from astronomikcs blurb & the adapter they refer to is the powermate ptr1250 - no edmund adapter -
obvious he needs the edmund adapter but not according to astronomics ???
does the powermate piece really not couple to the camera as astronomics states it does ??

"A CCD imager can be attached directly to the adapter after removing the imagerís 1.25Ē nosepiece to expose the imagerís female T-threads. " - adapter being the televue piece.

appears as if 2 pieces are necessary


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
rigel123
Postmaster
*****

Reged: 06/29/09

Loc: SW Ohio
Re: Bummed about my 2.5x powermate Updated new [Re: ASTROTRUCK]
      #5729130 - 03/12/13 10:02 PM

Quote:

the photo of the line up shows the powermate ptr1250 + an edmund adapter BUT the astronomics blurb suggests that only the 1250 is necessary as it is supposed to couple the powermate directly to the dmk ??? the quote below is from astronomikcs blurb & the adapter they refer to is the powermate ptr1250 - no edmund adapter -
obvious he needs the edmund adapter but not according to astronomics ???
does the powermate piece really not couple to the camera as astronomics states it does ??

"A CCD imager can be attached directly to the adapter after removing the imagerís 1.25Ē nosepiece to expose the imagerís female T-threads. " - adapter being the televue piece.

appears as if 2 pieces are necessary




It probably would directly connect to my Atik CCD camera, but definitely not to the DMK without the T to C adapter. So by saying it could connect directly to a CCD is not inaccurate, it simply is not referencing CCD's that have a C adapter rather than a T.


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ASTROTRUCK
sage


Reged: 01/02/10

Re: Bummed about my 2.5x powermate Updated new [Re: rigel123]
      #5731258 - 03/13/13 10:17 PM

THANKS

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ASTROTRUCK
sage


Reged: 01/02/10

Re: Bummed about my 2.5x powermate Updated new [Re: ASTROTRUCK]
      #5739639 - 03/17/13 09:26 PM

rigel123 -

please - i tried to find that c-t adapter for the powermate - could not locate it on the edmund site -
please if you have their part # please post it - i have the same powermate so will acquire the televue part but need the edmund part # -

thanks


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
rigel123
Postmaster
*****

Reged: 06/29/09

Loc: SW Ohio
Re: Bummed about my 2.5x powermate Updated new [Re: ASTROTRUCK]
      #5741956 - 03/18/13 10:30 PM

Quote:

rigel123 -

please - i tried to find that c-t adapter for the powermate - could not locate it on the edmund site -
please if you have their part # please post it - i have the same powermate so will acquire the televue part but need the edmund part # -

thanks




It is the 53-483 as shown here:
http://www.edmundoptics.com/mechanics/modular-mounting-components/t-mount-com...


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
rigel123
Postmaster
*****

Reged: 06/29/09

Loc: SW Ohio
Re: Bummed about my 2.5x powermate Updated new [Re: rigel123]
      #5743065 - 03/19/13 02:12 PM Attachment (7 downloads)

Finally got to try out the Televue 2.5X with the new adapters and it appears as though problem solved! Not a great day to try this out on, had to set up on my Portamount II in 40 mph winds and had to keep one hand on my computer and computer garage the whole time I was stealing some frames so it wouldn't all blow across the patio! But I don't see a hint of the "ghost" image of the sun so it looks like this will work out well. Maybe this weekend I can set up the Atlas and try some shots that are not in gale force winds!!

Edited by rigel123 (03/19/13 02:14 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ASTROTRUCK
sage


Reged: 01/02/10

Re: Bummed about my 2.5x powermate Updated new [Re: rigel123]
      #5744081 - 03/19/13 09:50 PM

thanks - would have chosen the wrong one - the images are the same for both so seems as if there is an error on the site.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)


Extra information
2 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Scott in NC, Phillip Creed 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled


Thread views: 2065

Jump to

CN Forums Home




Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics