Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1
Doug D.
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 08/23/05

Loc: Virginia
Astrotrac "tutorial" I came across on another site new
      #5703315 - 02/27/13 11:28 AM

For those of you interested in the Astrotrac I thought I'd pass along a tutorial of sorts written by a talented photographer, Steve Perry. Like many here on CN, I'm also into photography and frequent photography sites. Steve was recently highlighted on FredMiranda.com for a spectacular image he produced using an Astrotrac. His thoughts and helpful tips on using the Astrotrac are here. In particular he explains how he combines exposures to highlight both the sky and the surrounding terrain. There isn't much in there for those of us who already use an Astrotrac (although I was pleased to see the Really Right Stuff plate and dovetail he came up with to mount the Astrotrac) but it is nice to see some interest being generated among "regular photographers" on FM. I also thought this might interest (inspire) some of you contemplating a barn door tracker for widefield imaging of sky and landscapes. Congratulations to Steve!

The result speaks for itself.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
paul
sage

Reged: 04/14/05

Loc: pa
Re: Astrotrac "tutorial" I came across on another site [Re: Doug D.]
      #5727375 - 03/12/13 02:50 AM

His photos are AMAZING!!!
Thanks for the link

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
12 registered and 21 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 401

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics