Speciality Forums >> Astronomy Software & Computers

Pages: 1
Nemesis79
journeyman

Reged: 02/01/13

Loc: USA, New Mexico, Las Cruces
New Life for ACP DC Dreams Software
      #5737390 - 03/16/13 09:32 PM

Astronomers Control Panel (ACP) is unfortunately no longer useable as it is no longer supported by DC Dreams. I thought it would be great if there was someway to get it to work with Windows 7. So hopefully, for some of you who would like to use it with Windows 7 here goes. First as many posters find out - it works for me and I cannot guarantee that it will work for you.

This concerns ACP version 1.3.7 - I have been able to get it to successfully work with Windows 7 home Premium (64 bit) and control my Meade LX200 Classic 10 telescope. You may need a hot fix from Microsoft to reinstall Microsoft agent (Microsoft article kb969168). Also, My old XP USB to Serial Adapters would not work with Windows 7. You would need a Windows 7 compatible USB to Serial Adapter. I chose the USconverters USB to Serial Adapter - Professional (SX8801) as they guaranteed it was compatible with Windows 7 (~$35). The SX8801 adapter is actually a mini computer in a connector. At present, I am using ACP 1.3.7 with my old Starry Night Deluxe, version 2.1.2 (on an ACER V3 - 571G laptop, with Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit Operating System). To date, all works fine (ACP still talks to me - nice). Thought you might like to know.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
4 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  richard7, kkokkolis 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 426

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics