Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Mantis707

Reged: 08/14/12

Re: LX850 M81 in mediocre seeing *DELETED* new [Re: Pak]
      #5739949 - 03/18/13 01:17 AM

Post deleted by Mantis707

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Lorence
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 09/15/08

Re: LX850 M81 in mediocre seeing new [Re: Mantis707]
      #5740000 - 03/18/13 02:25 AM

Until the 850 has proven itself to be what Meade claims it to be, it will be subject to criticism. Meade brought that down on themselves.

This is an open forum, not a popularity contest. If you don't like what you read here you are free to ignore it.

Thank you for your opinion Pak. I appreciate someone who is not afraid to stand up against the majority. You may be right or you may be wrong. Time will tell. You were right in expressing your opinion, I can't say the same for a few others.

Edited by bilgebay (03/19/13 02:45 PM)

Hilmi
Post Laureate

Reged: 03/07/10

Loc: Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
Re: LX850 M81 in mediocre seeing new [Re: Lorence]
      #5740014 - 03/18/13 02:43 AM

I respect Pak's opinion too, I think what has so many people upset is the tone it was written in. Also, net etiquette, typing something in bold writing and bright color is almost the same as shouting at somebody. So, I agree with Pak about being cautious, but i dissagree with him about how he said it. I believe that is what has everybody upset.

So, can we continue this discussion, but in a civil tone and stop accusing people of being either shills or trolls.

Mantis707

#5740028 - 03/18/13 02:56 AM

speaking his mind about a product he hasnt seen?

implying reviewers are using OAG to phony images?

self admitted that he is fixated on this product?

i fail to see how this input is of any merit whatsoever and i see zero that Pak has added to my insight of this matter.

bilgebayModerator
Post Laureate

Reged: 11/06/08

Loc: Turkiye - Istanbul and Marmari...
      #5740086 - 03/18/13 04:39 AM

Gents,

Here is a brand new moderator. I would love to introduce myself on a better opportunity but alas....

Please be nice to each other and keep sharing your experiences and opinions.

Name calling is not allowed as per the TOS. So, please refrain from doing this.

Thank you all

Sedat

zehnmm

Reged: 12/24/07

Loc: Alto, New Mexico
Re: LX850 M81 in mediocre seeing new [Re: bilgebay]
      #5740361 - 03/18/13 10:05 AM

All I can say is --- coming from someone who has never owned a Meade product --- that I hope Meade is successful. I find the concept of the LX850 to be very enticing. When a reasonably sufficient number of users share their experience (sort of like scientific experiments....) then folks like me might be willing to jump in.

And, Pak, I value reading your comments. But, for heavens sake, lose the green text and the undesirable tone.

bilgebayModerator
Post Laureate

Re: LX850 M81 in mediocre seeing new [Re: zehnmm]
      #5740367 - 03/18/13 10:08 AM

"And, Pak, I value reading your comments. But, for heavens sake, lose the green text and the undesirable tone. "

+1

Tx

Sedat

Pak

Reged: 09/15/12

Loc: The Great Arc
      #5740443 - 03/18/13 10:49 AM

Yesterday was Saint Patricks day. You know, green? Leprechauns? Three leaf clovers?

Pak

#5740454 - 03/18/13 10:55 AM

Quote:

speaking his mind about a product he hasnt seen?

I've seen it just as much as you have. Why is your opinion valid and mine isn't?

Quote:

implying reviewers are using OAG to phony images?

Again, stop putting words into my mount. I never said that nor did I imply. I simply said that it could have been done and there would be no way to know.

Quote:

self admitted that he is fixated on this product?

i fail to see how this input is of any merit whatsoever and i see zero that Pak has added to my insight of this matter.

David PavlichAdministrator
Transmographied

Reged: 05/18/05

Loc: Mandeville, LA USA
      #5740507 - 03/18/13 11:23 AM

Quote:

Until the 850 has proven itself to be what Meade claims it to be, it will be subject to criticism. Meade brought that down on themselves.

This is an open forum, not a popularity contest. If you don't like what you read here you are free to ignore it.

Thank you for your opinion Pak. I appreciate someone who is not afraid to stand up against the majority. You may be right or you may be wrong. Time will tell. You were right in expressing your opinion, I can't say the same for a few others.

You are absolutely correct...to a point. In this case, however, this particular member is driving it into the ground. One post, sure, two, ok, but beyond that, it becomes tiresome and boorish. We all have the ability to figure out what a person's opinion is without it being repeated over and over and over again and in different threads. That is WAY beyond expressing one's opinion.

David

Edited by bilgebay (03/19/13 02:54 PM)

bilgebayModerator
Post Laureate

Re: LX850 M81 in mediocre seeing new [Re: Pak]
      #5740560 - 03/18/13 11:50 AM

Pak, thank you for changing from bold green font back to normal characters. This is way better.

Quote:

Yesterday was Saint Patricks day. You know, green? Leprechauns? Three leaf clovers?

Nope, I don't know. I am coming from a completely different culture and we do not observe St. Patrick's day here. Would you mind explaining what you mean by your statement above via PM for which I will be thankful to you. I know what a Leprechaun is but how a Lep fits into our context is not clear to me.

Thanks

Sedat

Pak

#5740595 - 03/18/13 12:15 PM

Quote:

Pak, thank you for changing from bold green font back to normal characters. This is way better.

Quote:

Nope, I don't know. I am coming from a completely different culture and we do not observe St. Patrick's day here. Would you mind explaining what you mean by your statement above via PM for which I will be thankful to you. I know what a Leprechaun is but how a Lep fits into our context is not clear to me.

Thanks

Sedat

Yes I do mind. The reason I mind is that a moderator should not be taking sides in a discussion or argument. If I am violating the TOS of this forum then I should be privately reprimanded and asked to edit or delete the offending post.

This forum is hosted and sponsored by Astronomics. They are an American company. I too happen to be an American. Growing up here in the U.S. we make note of St. Patricks day and while some take it more seriously than others, it was common to make an attempt to wear green. Stores stock up on
things like corned beef and cabbage. People go out drinking . Kids build and set Leprechaun traps. In an increasingly secular society many of these things have gone by the way side. Since I am of Irish heritage I decided that my posts would be in green yesterday and my first few posts had a little Leprechaun at the bottom.

If people want to attack my spelling, punctuation, grammar and the color of my font, they are more than welcome to.

I didn't change back to normal text because I was asked, I changed back because the holiday was over.

Hilmi
Post Laureate

Reged: 03/07/10

Loc: Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
      #5740626 - 03/18/13 12:32 PM

Look, i didnt realize the green was related to a special occasion, my appologies.

bilgebayModerator
Post Laureate

#5740667 - 03/18/13 12:57 PM

Quote:

The reason I mind is that a moderator should not be taking sides in a discussion or argument.

How do you reach this conclusion ?

Quote:

And, Pak, I value reading your comments. But, for heavens sake, lose the green text and the undesirable tone

The statement I agreed to is above. There is one positive and one negative comment there. I don't see it as siding with anyone. If this is how you inferred it, then please believe me that it was not my intention.

I may be a moderator but I am a member too... and I value this more than being a moderator. Being a moderator isn't a reward or anything like that. I know this because I have been moderating several local forums since many years. It is a serious undertaking. In order not to add insult to the injury, I should be allowed to voice my opinion at least, don't you think so ?

Thank you for explaining the St. Patrick's Day habits. I agree with you that we are losing a lot of those old rituals no matter what society we are in.

Enough digression, let's go back to the original topic now.

Clear skies

Phil Cowell
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 05/24/07

Loc: Southern Tier NY
      #5741486 - 03/18/13 07:22 PM

Some of us wear orange on St Patricks Day
Phil

Mantis707

Re: LX850 M81 in mediocre seeing new [Re: David Pavlich]
      #5741502 - 03/18/13 07:30 PM

(should be responding to the post above , by Pak..., dont know how to fix that)

I have never opined one thing about this product...so I am not sure what opinion you are talking about.

I only posted in here to thank the people who were reviewing the products (who actually know about them and have used them)...no matter what their results, as I truly appreciate people doing that service for the rest of us.

Edited by Mantis707 (03/18/13 07:32 PM)

korborh
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 01/29/11

Loc: Arizona
Re: LX850 M81 in mediocre seeing [Re: Lorence]
      #5741770 - 03/18/13 09:11 PM

Quote:

+1

EFT
Vendor - Deep Space Products

Reged: 05/07/07

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Re: LX850 M81 in mediocre seeing new [Re: korborh]
      #5742700 - 03/19/13 11:24 AM

Quote:

Quote:

+1

+1

DaveJ
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 01/07/05

Loc: NE Ohio
Re: LX850 M81 in mediocre seeing new [Re: EFT]
      #5743429 - 03/19/13 04:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

+1

+1

Orionis91
sage

Reged: 03/01/10

Loc: Maryland USA
Re: LX850 M81 in mediocre seeing new [Re: DaveJ]
      #5743591 - 03/19/13 05:55 PM

Dude that is such a nice picture!!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
10 registered and 34 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3656

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics