Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1
krp
Vendor. DarkSiteFinder.com

Reged: 11/10/10

Loc: Central Illinois
Does Anyone Else Want to Rent a Vixen Polarie?
      #5743764 - 03/19/13 07:05 PM

I would love to try out a Vixen Polarie or similar tracking mount for widefield astrophotography. But I can't afford one now. There is a company called "Borrow Lenses" that rents out camera gear including tripods and other support equipment. So I sent them an email about possibly renting out the Polarie. I got a reply saying that sounds like a good idea and would be forwarded to the purchasing department. But that was back in December, and it's still not available for rent.
Maybe if more people show some interest, they will start renting it out soon. So if anyone else would like to rent a portable tracking mount, can you send them an email? Borrow Lenses
I know a lot of people like myself can't get out to dark skies often. So it seems like renting a tracking mount for when you do find yourself under dark skies might be a more economical solution.
Kevin

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
20 registered and 33 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 254

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics