Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Binoviewers

Pages: 1
Daud
sage

Reged: 08/05/06

Loc: AZ, Scottsdale
Bino(tron) on a TV-101 new
      #5774265 - 04/02/13 09:59 PM

I am getting the scope (the old 101 non NP version) and the Binotron with 45mm OCA is on order. With this Petzval design, will there be a problem binoviewing ?
I may consider replacing the focuser with a a Starlight one, where I may ask the adapter to be shortened, but I should not bump in the rear element with the ocuser or OCA..

adapter

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
johnnyha
Postmaster

Reged: 11/12/06

Loc: Sherman Oaks, CA
Re: Bino(tron) on a TV-101 new [Re: Daud]
      #5774277 - 04/02/13 10:04 PM

Denkmeier makes a "Part SR" which is an OCS that fits down inside the nose of the diagonal, allowing the NP101 to reach focus at all three PowerSwitch settings. So this is used in lieu of the regular OCS that screws onto the end of the diagonal nose. Without it, the Denks will only reach focus in two of the three PowerSwitch settings but not the lower setting. I am assuming the TV101 and Binotron 27 would use the same Part SR but you should check with Russ at Denkmeier on that.

CarlDD
sage

Reged: 07/23/07

Loc: Haiti at the moment
Re: Bino(tron) on a TV-101 [Re: johnnyha]
      #5774362 - 04/02/13 10:51 PM

Hi,
I have the TV101 from '99 and the Denk Standard, with both the 1.25 and 2 inch OCS ( newtonian I think ) work just fine. The 2 inch OCS screws onto the TV diagonal - telescope side - on the bino side I have the power x switch thingy. Depends on the eyepieces but 2 of 3 setting on the PxS come to focus with no fiddling. I've never felt the need to change the focuser.

Pages: 1

Extra information
2 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TG, Geo557 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 339

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics