Astrophotography and Sketching >> Solar System Imaging & Processing

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Olorin

Reged: 08/25/11

Loc: Israel
Re: Other images, animations W/Jupos from that night! new [Re: Kokatha man]
      #5779036 - 04/05/13 07:04 AM

Darryl these images are awesome.
About the animations it seems to me that the interval between the animation frames is long. I guess this is due to the fact that the animation is just a "byproduct" of your imaging session.
If I can wish for something then I wish you go out there one night for an animation as the main goal with small interval between the images and many many frames to go into the animation. that will be a sight that will drop some jaws :-) (not that the above aren't as well).
Saying that I do understand the hours you put into imaging and processing and such an animation will require tons of work...

Thanks Darryl for the inspiration
Dror

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Space Cowboy
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 05/30/10

Loc: Cheshire, UK
Re: Other images, animations W/Jupos from that night! new [Re: Olorin]
      #5779150 - 04/05/13 08:57 AM

Animations really show the surface activity almost Jupiter like. What I would do for seeing like that.

Kokatha man
Postmaster

Reged: 09/13/09

Loc: "cooker-ta man" downunda...
Re: Other images, animations W/Jupos from that night! new [Re: Olorin]
      #5779175 - 04/05/13 09:06 AM

Thanks Dror - I have in fact made a couple of reasonably lengthy animations using frames that are separated by very short intervals, like one rgb set capture after the other.....

The trouble is that once you employ more than about 3 frames in an animation of rgb's at the scale of the 2-framers above the filesize automatically exceeds the 200Kb limits of CN - if you make them smaller so you can fit more than 3 they look rather "weedy" imo.....there's also "Web Snap" & "Lossy" to reduce the size but they mangle the appearance/quality: one day when I can devote the time to a web page I'll place a few in my gallery..!

lcd1080
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 06/03/10

Loc: Maryland, USA
Re: Other images, animations W/Jupos from that night! new [Re: Kokatha man]
      #5779265 - 04/05/13 10:04 AM

Darryl I was thinking about how you could do longer animations; could you post them as a video on YouTube and then provide a link here?

Pete

Kokatha man
Postmaster

Reged: 09/13/09

Loc: "cooker-ta man" downunda...
Re: Other images, animations W/Jupos from that night! new [Re: lcd1080]
      #5780452 - 04/05/13 08:29 PM

Pete, as I said to Mitchell the other day, I have never you-tubed anything before and wouldn't know where to start - but if someone pointed me in the right direction I'll give it a try sometime!

"Sometime" being the operative word: as Pat said this morning as we discussed last night's efforts and I warned her about "not counting your chickens until they've hatched.....to which she replied "yes, but we've gathered some mighty fine eggs last night!!!

Last night was magnificent, we started at 6000mm, went to 6660mm and finally with a bit of possible insanity employed 7370mm focal lengths..!

But we'll have to wait and see: like the animation question just simple processing is a huge undertaking atm!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
18 registered and 25 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TG, Starman81, bilgebay, WOBentley 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 932

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics