Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu uh, User

Astrophotography and Sketching >> DSLR & Digital Camera Astro Imaging & Processing

Pages: 1
patrick2874

Reged: 02/05/13

Loc: memphis,tn.
looking for sct thread to 1.25" adapter new
      #5775354 - 04/03/13 11:35 AM

im not sure if im goin to lose my mind or hair first.i own an sct with a zhumell dual speed focuser and just purchased a 2" dielectric diagonal.im trying to do ap.i purchsed a meade variable projection adapter(for sct) which means it has the 35mm female threads.im trying to find an adapterto 1.25 nose so i can also use it on my reflector.does anyone know what they would call it or who would sell it..im about to get the tig welder or go to home depot if i cant find something. so any leads are greatly appreciated.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
hdt
sage

Reged: 11/10/07

Loc: N35°10' W106°32'
Re: looking for sct thread to 1.25" adapter new [Re: patrick2874]
      #5775459 - 04/03/13 12:34 PM

I'm slightly confused as to what you need, though--the standard visual back is a SCT-to-1.25" adapter. Think you can sketch roughly what you're trying to do, then, take a picture of your sketch and upload? Are you trying to replace your eyepiece with your lens-less DSLR? Are you trying to point your DSLR (with lens)at your eyepiece and take a picture? Are you trying to remove the diagonal, and attach the DSLR (lens-less) to the telescope in the shortest way?

I'm pretty sure that the CN sponsors carry what you need for any of the above cases. Check the CN primary sponsor, Astronomics, then, agenaastro and scopestuff.

Best of luck!

patrick2874

Re: looking for sct thread to 1.25" adapter new [Re: hdt]
      #5775505 - 04/03/13 12:54 PM

i agree a standard sct outputs 1.25. however the meade variable projection adapter screws onto that visual back.i want that projection adapter to have a 1.25 nose on it so i can use it in a barlow or my reflector tele.i have the portion that hooks to my dslr and that is great but i need the end that plugs into the tele.

hdt
sage

Reged: 11/10/07

Loc: N35°10' W106°32'
Re: looking for sct thread to 1.25" adapter [Re: patrick2874]
      #5775568 - 04/03/13 01:27 PM

Something like this? http://www.scopestuff.com/ss_tafp.htm

patrick2874

Re: looking for sct thread to 1.25" adapter new [Re: hdt]
      #5776029 - 04/03/13 05:34 PM

possibly it needs to have a 35mm dia threaded portion.i will attempt to contact them to find out

patrick2874

Re: looking for sct thread to 1.25" adapter new [Re: patrick2874]
      #5776117 - 04/03/13 06:12 PM

thanks guys i contacted the guys at scope stuff in tx. they knew exactly what i needed and its now on its way home thanks soooo much for the lead

Pages: 1

Extra information
15 registered and 26 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, fishonkevin, WOBentley, tecmage 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 230

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics