Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Astrophotography and Sketching >> DSLR & Digital Camera Astro Imaging & Processing

Pages: 1
Charlie HeinAdministrator
Postmaster

Reged: 11/02/03

Loc: 26.06.08N, +80.23.08W
Apr13 DSLR Challenge Submissions
      #5783270 - 04/07/13 08:16 AM

The subject: NGC 5907!

The rules:

1. All entries must be captured within the same season as the contest. For example, if the subject was Orion Nebula, than any photo captured during this particular winter (or period that it was visible) would qualify for the contest.

2. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must be posted to and visible in the challenge submissions thread. A link to an off-site image without a version that is actually displayed in the Challenge submissions thread will not suffice and is subject to disqualification.

3. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must conform in all respects with the site wide image posting requirements. Entrants may elect to set this "entry image" up as a "clickable link" to a higher resolution image if they so desire, and entrants may also elect to instead provide a separate link to such an image if they so choose. If the entrant provides a legally sized and working "clickable link" as their "entry image", that "clickable link" will be included in the polling thread so that voters can examine the high resolution image before voting. However, any "entry images" displayed on the CN site that do not meet the file size and pixel dimension requirements will subject the entry to disqualification. Any questions on this rule? Just ask.

4. Please include the equipment used to take the image. Scope/Mount/Camera/Focal reducers/Barlows...whatever. Also include your location.

5.Please do not post comments in this thread it's just for these wonderful images you all will be submitting.

6. The equipment must be yours. Doesn't matter what it is. 20" RC, ETX70, 2" Tasco or an 8" TMB.

7. No collaborations. You must be the operator. You must setup, align, take the exposures and process them yourself. You can have help mounting that 26" RC if need be. No remote scope images. Unless you own that remote scope and have set it up aligned it and hooked your camera up. Then you can use it. No pay by the hour renta-scope images will be allowed.

8. Most importantly! Have fun. Support one another's efforts. As we all can learn from this and enjoy each others accomplishments.

...thats it.

The rules can/will be tweaked each month as we figure out how this can be made a more enjoyable experience for everyone.

Thanks and Good luck to all!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
jgibson1@emich
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 06/11/06

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Re: Apr13 DSLR Challenge Submissions new [Re: Charlie Hein]
      #5820766 - 04/24/13 08:33 PM

Considering I will not be able to collect more data before the end of the month I shall post my attempt at NGC5907.

Image Details:
8" f/4.9 w/MPCC
Atlas EQ-G
Autoguided - 80ED + Orion Deep Sky Imager + PHD

42 x 4min (2.8 hours) @ ISO1600
Location: Coronado National Forest (Near Chiricahua National Monument, Southeaste​rn Arizona)

Clear Skies,
Jason

srosenfraz
Post Laureate

Reged: 03/06/11

Loc: United States
Re: Apr13 DSLR Challenge Submissions new [Re: jgibson1@emich]
      #5829180 - 04/28/13 09:39 PM

Here's my try at it:

High Resolution version and more image information available at http://www.astronomersdoitinthedark.com/index.php?c=113&p=495

This image was made from a stack of 123 x 5 minute subs (10 1/4 hours total exposure) at ISO 1600 taken with an Orange tube Celestron C-8 and a Gary Honis modified Canon 450D (Baader mod). Guiding was with an ONAG on-axis guider, Lodestar autoguider, and Phd Guiding.

Thanks for looking!

svtdoug
sage

Reged: 02/07/11

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA, USA
Re: Apr13 DSLR Challenge Submissions new [Re: srosenfraz]
      #5832957 - 04/30/13 06:33 PM Attachment (9 downloads)

Here is my attempt at NGC5907 in the spirit of participation. Could not bring out the details, probably should have used the modded dslr, instead I used the unmodded one.

Telescope: Orion 8" Astrograph with Baader MPCC
Camera: Canon unmoded XSi
Mount: Celestron CGEM (self hypertuned)
Guiding: Orion SSAG with Orion ST80
Acquisition: BackYardEOS
Stacking: DeepSkyStacker
Processed: PhotoShop CS3
11 x 10 min subs for total of 1hr 50min.

Charlie HeinAdministrator
Postmaster

Reged: 11/02/03

Loc: 26.06.08N, +80.23.08W
Re: Apr13 DSLR Challenge Submissions new [Re: svtdoug]
      #5833768 - 05/01/13 07:34 AM

Submissions are now closed. Good luck in the contest!

Charlie

Pages: 1

Extra information
6 registered and 29 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, fishonkevin, WOBentley, tecmage 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 715

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics