Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Equipment

Pages: 1
Lane
Post Laureate

Reged: 11/19/07

Loc: Frisco, Texas
Denk S1 Diagonal questions
      #5791154 - 04/10/13 07:54 PM

A few questions for anyone that owns the S1 diagonal and has the filter slider installed:

1. Can the filter slider use Baader filters? They are thicker than other filters I have seen.
2. If I buy an S1 power switch diagonal, where will they mount the filter switch, behind the power switch or on the eyepiece side of the diagonal? Is there a choice?
3. How wide is the filter slider?
4. How wide is the power switch?
5. Any problems trying to turn the diagonal and having the filter switch or power switch hit the focus knob on a C11? What about if the focus knob has been replaced with a Feathertouch, which is much longer and a little fatter than the original?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
junomike
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 09/07/09

Loc: Ontario
Re: Denk S1 Diagonal questions new [Re: Lane]
      #5792370 - 04/11/13 01:23 PM

Those questions can easily be answered by Russ @ Denk. From my knowledge and use of the very close Earthwin Unit, I can help you some.

1) I have not encountered a Filter yet that won't fit the Filter Slides. I've tried/used Baader, Celestron, Orion, DGM and Lumicon.

2) The Filter Switches are placed on the BOTTOM of the unit as they are larger than the Power Slides. Russ may be able to swap that orientation around, but It works best as It is IMO.

3)?

4) ?

5) I've had no Issues with previous scopes (M703D Mak, M10 ACF) which were used on a GEM nor my current C11, but It is an NS11GPS ForkMount which requires no repositioning.
I just checked and My E/W just hits the Focuser Knob (2-speed FT). Not by alot, but enough to prevent rotation so your concern is warranted, but If you're gonna loosen the VB to rotate then It's as easy to pull It out a half an inch as well to clear the FT Focuser.

Also, note that a longer or shorter VB will have a different clearanceMike

Mike

Lane
Post Laureate

Reged: 11/19/07

Loc: Frisco, Texas
Re: Denk S1 Diagonal questions new [Re: junomike]
      #5792976 - 04/11/13 06:01 PM

Thanks, I will contact Russ.

Pages: 1

Extra information
7 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  zjc26138, tecmage, rflinn68 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 225

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics