Speciality Forums >> Astronomy Software & Computers

Pages: 1
tboss70
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 11/25/05

Loc: Missouri
PHD Guiding logs to PECPrep new
      #5249056 - 05/31/12 03:09 PM

Im trying to get PHD Guiding to export logs so I can import them to PECPrep to view the PE of my mount.

Last night I had PHD running but I only got the debugging log. The info in that log did not look useful (just letters with no numbers or coordinates)

In PHD it does say to disable guiding, enable logging, and use the logs for other data:

18) Disable guide output (check box): When checked, PHD does everything the same, except
that no commands are issued to the mount. This is useful because it allows you to study the
behavior of the mount without guiding. In particular, by disabling the output and enabling
logging you create a log file that can be imported into a program.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong that I am not able to get the logs? By default, it put the logs in "My Documents". I assume thats the location they should be in. I did check under the root PHD folder but nothing there.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
tboss70
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 11/25/05

Loc: Missouri
Re: PHD Guiding logs to PECPrep new [Re: tboss70]
      #5249108 - 05/31/12 03:41 PM

Think I may have found my answer.
http://www.telescopejunkies.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=4131&posts=22

Fred76
sage

Reged: 11/25/08

Loc: Normandy, France
Re: PHD Guiding logs to PECPrep [Re: tboss70]
      #5796244 - 04/13/13 09:41 AM

Hi!
Last night I tried PHD Guiding for EP measurement. I did all that things explained in the above tuto (check the "Disable guiding output" and "log info" boxes). But PecPrep or PEAS all together return an EP of less than 4 arc.sec...

I don't have a Paramount MX mount, but just a poor HEQ5 so this result seems really curious.

I use the last version of PHD Guiding, I have the strange feeling that the "Disable guiding output" box does not work...

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  richard7, kkokkolis 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1424

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics