Pages: 1
James_826

Reged: 02/09/12

Loc: Beggs, Ok
SkySafari/ipad>wifi>ser2net>RaspberryPi No go new
      #5798563 - 04/14/13 03:05 PM

I used this to install ser2net:

sudo apt-get install ser2net
sudo sed -i '$ a\5555:raw:0:/dev/ttyUSB0:9600 NONE 1STOPBIT 8DATABITS' /etc/ser2net.conf
sudo /etc/init.d/ser2net restart

I am trying to connect to my CGEM DX. When I connect via COM2TCP and use NexRemote on my Windows XP laptop I have no issue controlling the mount. When I try to connect via my ipad using SkySafari it locks up the Raspberry Pi. Looking though /var/log/messages does not give me any hints. If I try to connect while I don't have the serial port plugged into the remote the connection from ipad does not lock it up, SkySafari just complains the mount is not responding. I can't figure out why it works perfectly with the laptop but not the ipad. Anyone have any ideas?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
James_826

Reged: 02/09/12

Loc: Beggs, Ok
Re: SkySafari/ipad>wifi>ser2net>RaspberryPi No go [Re: James_826]
      #5798733 - 04/14/13 04:18 PM

Just finished some playing around. I am now running TCP2COM on the XP machine. With the XP machine being the connection to the mount via wifi from the ipad everything works. There is a pretty good lag on the mount movements though with the SkySafari buttons. Might this be because I am using a 1st gen ipad? Do users of the current model ipads have any lag? But it does point to the root issue being with the pi and not the ipad.

Edited by James_826 (04/14/13 04:21 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
3 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  richard7, kkokkolis 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 507

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics