Telescope Specific Forums >> Meade LX

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
cavefrog
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 11/11/08

Loc: loozyanna
Re: Beginner question new [Re: RogueGazer]
      #5793604 - 04/12/13 12:10 AM

wearing your glasses depends on wether or not your eyes are astigmatic or not. if you are just nearsighted/farsighted, your focuser can make the correct focus for you. but if your eyes are astigmatic like mine, then you need to wear your glasses. there is one way around this that I know of...
Teleview makes diopters for their EP's . this is another $100.00 add on for their already expensive EP's. it is a lens that comes in whatever power you need to correct for your astig. but there is a limit to what power they run up (or down) to. also I believe these only fit TV EP's. they don't play well with others.

Theo

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
celtictexan

Reged: 04/02/13

Loc: Amarillo Texas
Re: Beginner question [Re: cavefrog]
      #5803884 - 04/17/13 02:48 AM

Well I broke down and ordered the Apertura AD12 also. Its not an obsession but the reveiws are all good. It was in stock and already in shipment. I figure this will help keep me and the wife occupied once the LX gets to me. So Im going to have both worlds covered. I'm still working on accessories. I did order the Diagonal and 24mm Ultra-Wide Angle Eyepiece Kit from Meade at first, then I saw it was $200 cheaper other places. I was suspicious of such a difference in price at first but couldnt find any difference so I cancelled the Meade order and its now on the way also. A few other little things are otw way from the advice I've found on CN. I'm still looking for home built ideas about battery power supplies but I think its time to slow down the spending spree and get whats on the way and then regroup. Still way cheaper than a Harley atm.:)

celtictexan

Re: Beginner question new [Re: celtictexan]
      #5814625 - 04/22/13 04:17 AM

I got the Apertura in and so far cloudy sky's. Outside of a cell phone tower a few miles away Its just sitting in the living room floor. I did have a couple of probs, one of the plastic screws on findr scope was bad and the lazer collimator had a battery that had leaked, but customer service had it fixed up for me in no time. So just waiting for a chance to have it outside.

Kraus
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 03/10/12

Loc: Georgia.
      #5815650 - 04/22/13 04:28 PM

I use an ND-25 moon filter from Lumicon. I also use an OIII, hydrogen-beta or an UHC filter also from Lumicon.

My main eyepieces are a 7mm Nagler, a 16mm Nagler and a 55mm Plossl. I use a 55mm Plossl to find the object. Then I switch to the Naglers.

My other Plossls feel like the discarded mops on the Swiffer commercials.

redlinedb16a

Reged: 10/17/10

Re: Beginner question new [Re: Kraus]
      #5825512 - 04/26/13 11:38 PM

Wow
Go big or go home
I have a lx200 10" classic and my brother has the ad12
I must say that's two fine scopes.

My suggestions for the lx200

Bobs knobs are a must.i think a lx200 without bobs knobs should be illegal
Dew sheild is a must
40mm 2" ep
Nothing brings the lx to life like a 2" low power ep
Bubble levels
I have a meade 8-24mm zoom ep and its pretty much my goto ep
Strong back,I move mine alot

Lorence
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 09/15/08

#5826446 - 04/27/13 02:24 PM

A permanent pier. A 10" Meade and mount is a fairly heavy and awkward piece of equipment. If a pier is out of the question then start looking for a method that will allow you to set your equipment as fast and easily as possible. I'm sure there are many hours of viewing lost simply because of the set up and take down time. As for accessories, wait until you know what you need to make your viewing as enjoyable as possible. I've got a junk box full of stuff that seemed like a good idea at the time.

celtictexan

Re: Beginner question new [Re: Lorence]
      #5826824 - 04/27/13 05:52 PM

Quote:

I've got a junk box full of stuff that seemed like a good idea at the time.

Thats what I'm trying my best to avoid. Ive got so many things like that around from other hobbies that I really just dont have room for more.

celtictexan

#5928745 - 06/19/13 07:26 AM

Well after waiting two months for the Meade I was told it would be another 4 to 5 weeks. Then all the probs with Meade started the selling off to china and all. So I got nervous and cancelled that order and now have a Celestron 11 coming. And the wether hasnt co-operated much with the Dob but Ive still been able to enjoy it a few times. Never knew getting going in this hobby would be such a wait. I'll still have a Meade one day too though.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Starman27, Christopher Erickson, Starman81 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2240

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics