Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
will1384

Reged: 02/22/13

Re: Can't get properly aligned with VX mount new [Re: will1384]
      #5911818 - 06/09/13 07:03 PM Attachment (7 downloads)

I got it to work, one thing that helped is this:

Ultra-fast method of EQ polar alignment.

I put the the PVC pipe in the ground were I had been setting up every night, and then I left the VX tripod and head assembled, I just put in a storage shed when not in use.

All I have to do is carry the VX tripod and head out to the PVC pipes, mount the telescope, then do the two star alignment, add two calibration stars, pick a star to do the polar alignment, unsync, then PHD does the rest, the first night I got 40, 60 second exposures, only one was bad, I moved a cable, I think, the next night I did 74, 60 second exposures, all were perfect, it also helps that I now use an intervalometer.

All I need to do now is learn how to use Deep Sky Stacker and Photoshop to process the images.

Here is an image of my settings, I am sure they can be refined, but I am afraid to change them, I am thinking, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it.", but am willing to try any suggestions.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
13 registered and 31 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3878

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics