Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu uh, User

Astrophotography and Sketching >> Beginning and Intermediate Imaging

Pages: 1
Charlie HeinAdministrator
Postmaster

Reged: 11/02/03

Loc: 26.06.08N, +80.23.08W
What do ya know?? Hall of Fame Threads! new
      #5810788 - 04/20/13 12:25 PM

Folks, when I took over running the monthly imaging challenges I did not realize that there were "Hall of Fame" threads in the contests that have not been maintained for quite a while. At this point a good deal of time has elapsed since the last image was posted in any of these threads:

"Bright" Challenge Hall of Fame: June 2011

Beginner DSO Challenge Hall of Fame: June 2011

Intermediate DSO Challenge Hall of Fame: May 2011

Widefield Challenge Hall of Fame: July 2011

(In addition, it looks like at one point there was an intermediate as well as a beginner "Bright" challenge, and this has evidently morphed into a single "Bright" category, which frankly suits me just fine. I think four challenges are enough. I'm not planning on resurrecting that challenge.)

I would not mind going back to posting the winners in these "Hall of Fame" threads, but the amount of time that has elapsed means that searching down the missing winners and their images is just too big of a job for me to handle. If we want to get the threads fixed up, I'm going to need some help.

My thought is to get one volunteer for each of the threads who would be willing to search that thread down and provide the information I need to get these past winners properly recognized. I'm looking for folks who are familiar with how to search these threads down, and are either familiar enough with UBB code to create UBB image links to the winning images and also copy the text from the winning entry to a PM, or can copy the image locations and the entry texts and send them to me via email.

I do this every month, so I know that what I'm asking is not a trivial task. It will cost each volunteer some time and effort to gather up the winners and get them to me. Quite honestly, if I can't get volunteers to do this task I can't say how long it would take me to finish this on my own, but I do believe that this is a worthwhile effort.

If you're capable of taking on this task and are willing to volunteer in this way please send me a PM to let me know you're willing to help. I will assign you to one of the four Challenges and work out if you prefer to do this via PM or email. I will post back to this thread once we have our four volunteers, or if there seems to be no interest in reviving these threads - which would be fine by me as well by the way...

Thanks for your consideration.

Charlie

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Postmaster

Re: What do ya know?? Hall of Fame Threads! [Re: Charlie Hein]
      #5818780 - 04/23/13 10:24 PM

Many thanks to Robert (zerro1) for the immense amount of work that he did over the weekend getting together the information I need to bring the "hall of fame" threads up to date! I'm working on them as time permits.

zerro1
Postmaster

Reged: 08/02/09

Loc: Smokey Point , 48.12°N 122.25...
Re: What do ya know?? Hall of Fame Threads! new [Re: Charlie Hein]
      #5819112 - 04/24/13 03:43 AM

Thank You Charlie! I'm glad I was able to help you out on this. There were a lot of nice images that won the contests. It was interesting to sort through them. A lot of them are still active members... but a few seem to have vanished

Postmaster

Re: What do ya know?? Hall of Fame Threads! new [Re: zerro1]
      #5824476 - 04/26/13 01:48 PM

Okay, the Hall of Fame threads are now all up to date. Enjoy!

Charlie

Pages: 1

Extra information
5 registered and 18 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Knuklhdastrnmr, fishonkevin, WOBentley, rflinn68 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 320

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics