Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Speciality Forums >> Astronomy Shows & Conferences

Pages: 1
RAC-INC

Reged: 11/05/12

AL NAGLER COMMENTS ON NEAF IN EMAIL TO RAC BOARD!
      #5819346 - 04/24/13 09:25 AM

For those who say that attendance was "thin". Here are a some recent comments by Al Nagler about the show. Al was SO busy, he didn't even have time to walk the floor. Something he has always been able to do during past shows.

"FYI, Tele Vue dealers did very well in sales at NEAF, with some reporting best-ever results:)"

Guys,

"First, biggest kudos to the TEAM! It was a joy to participate this year. I'm only sorry I didn't have time to get around and say hello to all the vendors. I suggest we send an appreciative thank you e-mail to all vendors"

-Al
Al Nagler
Chairman and CEO
Tele Vue Optics, Inc.
www.TeleVue.com
Phone 845-469-4551
Fax 845-469-4552
32 Elkay Dr. Chester, NY 10918

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
gatorengineer
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 02/28/05

Loc: Hellertown, PA
Re: AL NAGLER COMMENTS ON NEAF IN EMAIL TO RAC BOARD! new [Re: RAC-INC]
      #5819752 - 04/24/13 01:02 PM

Well let me give you a different way to score NEAF, look at the tread numbers and posts in this forum, compared to 2011, and 2012 shows.... This years show so far has around 5-10% of the post show post count....

Al is one of the great men of the hobby / business, and the type of fellow that would talk to you a supermarket of gas station about the hobby.... Little surprise that he was as usual swamped, and yes I did get to talk to him again this year.... Kudos to Al and Televue for what they have done for the hobby.

REC
Post Laureate

Reged: 10/20/10

Loc: NC
Re: AL NAGLER COMMENTS ON NEAF IN EMAIL TO RAC BOARD! new [Re: gatorengineer]
      #5819901 - 04/24/13 02:18 PM

Yes I did also speak to him and David and had Judy take a picture of us holding up my signed copy of Astronomy magazine. Class guy for sure!

Bob

RAC-INC

Reged: 11/05/12

Re: AL NAGLER COMMENTS ON NEAF IN EMAIL TO RAC BOARD! new [Re: RAC-INC]
      #5821538 - 04/25/13 09:14 AM

RAC-INC and NEAF are a 501(3)(c) organization. Because it is, ALL numbers, attendence figures, gross revenue and profits will be available for public scrutiny. ALL of it will be posted as soon as the number crunchers have finalized them.

RAC-INC

Joad
Wordsmith

Reged: 03/22/05

Re: AL NAGLER COMMENTS ON NEAF IN EMAIL TO RAC BOARD! new [Re: gatorengineer]
      #5821865 - 04/25/13 11:39 AM

Quote:

Well let me give you a different way to score NEAF, look at the tread numbers and posts in this forum, compared to 2011, and 2012 shows.... This years show so far has around 5-10% of the post show post count....

I'm not sure that this is a fair metric. For a number of years, Cloudy Nights and Astronomics took on an ever-increasing role at NEAF. That resulted, understandably, in a lot of chatter here. With that role abrogated this year, one would expect less discussion on the site.

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  WOBentley 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 983

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics