Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Speciality Forums >> Astronomy Shows & Conferences

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
RAC-INC

Reged: 11/05/12

Re: Why did NEAF end early???? new [Re: NewMoonTelescope]
      #5819405 - 04/24/13 09:57 AM

We apologise profusely for any misprints or misunderstandings on the web site or some of the printed material. Many were misprinted with the wrong closing time.

Actual NEAF closing time was supposed to be 5PM on Sunday. All the signs at the front, posted at the booth, and at the Galaxy Theater stated this. The ending time was also announced regularly during the day.
NEAF has always historically ended earlier on Sunday than on Saturday and has always done so .
If the web site or other printed material said different, it did so in error. This "mistake" will be remedied in the future.

Technically we do keep the show open till 6PM on Sunday, but the RCC Field House MUST be vacated by 9PM. A HUGE task. So break downs start earlier.

Please remember, NEAF is organized, managed and run by volunteers. We all have regular jobs and receive no salary or payment for the time and energy we put into the show.
The amount of time is enormous...measures in the thousands of man hours. All for the benefit of all astronomers and the general public.

After deferring the enormous cost to run the show, all profits go for: Childrens and Adult Astronomy and Space programs, Public star parties, telescope donations, and scholarships. And this is the short list....there are others.

Your attendance is very appreciated because it enables us do all the good work done by our club to spread the science and hobby of Astronomy to the general public.

Thank You So Very Much for Your Support!
RAC-INC

Edited by RAC-INC (04/24/13 10:19 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Mark Costello
Post Laureate

Reged: 03/08/05

Loc: Matthews, NC, USA
Re: Why did NEAF end early???? new [Re: NewMoonTelescope]
      #5819798 - 04/24/13 01:24 PM

I'm just wondering, why not officially close NEAF at 3PM on Sunday? More generally, why not close all Astro-Trade shows early enough to allow the vendors enough time to pack and leave?

RAC-INC

Reged: 11/05/12

Re: Why did NEAF end early???? new [Re: Mark Costello]
      #5821612 - 04/25/13 09:34 AM

Break down is done by vendors, not the NEAF staff.
Some vendors start this process earlier than others. However, none are allowed to leave till after closing, so many still do business till the end.

Respectfully Yours,
RAC-INC

George N
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 05/19/06

Loc: Binghamton & Indian Lake NY
Re: Why did NEAF end early???? new [Re: RAC-INC]
      #5821785 - 04/25/13 10:56 AM

I bet that if you showed up at 5:10 PM on Sunday with $10,000 in cash to spend, those “crabby and tired” vendors would have a big smile on their faces and open up what ever you wanted that they had packed up!

spsesq

Reged: 06/04/11

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Re: Why did NEAF end early???? new [Re: George N]
      #5821872 - 04/25/13 11:42 AM

I understand there may be some glitches in running a show this large, but regardless RAC deserves both thanks and appreciation as this show was set up and organized by VOLUNTEERS. This was my first NEAF after wanting to go for a number of years. I was thrilled with the show, the attendance was great on Saturday (the day I went) I got there at 10 am and left at 3PM. I got all the things I needed and some of the things I wanted. I met some really nice people there at the solar star party. I got to meet some of the people who I deal with over the phone at vendors I frequent and now we both can put a name with the face. I got to see some really cool new scopes and eyepieces as well as aids I will be saving for over the next few months to make observing better and more rewarding.

So thanks RAC, I look forward to NEAF next year and just have someone proof read the ads a little more carefully next year, Heck if you want, I'll volunteer to proof read the literature....

Itz marcus
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 02/12/06

Loc: Brooklyn NY
Re: Why did NEAF end early???? [Re: spsesq]
      #5821935 - 04/25/13 12:14 PM

I agree that thanks and appreciation should have been given and not just critisism. I appologize for not doing so in my OP.
Clear Skies
Itz

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  WOBentley 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2131

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics