Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1
jgraham
Postmaster

Reged: 12/02/04

Loc: Miami Valley Astronomical Soci...
Wedge for a 10" LX6
      #5828271 - 04/28/13 12:45 PM Attachment (7 downloads)

I'm in the process of designing a wedge for a 10" f/6.3 LX6, however, I am also interested in what my options would be to buy one. I see basic wedges for the LX90 for $199 and for the LX200 for $189, but I suspect that these ar for the 8" and may not be appropriate for my 10". The Ultrawedge looks good, but at $599 it may be more than I need. Are these pretty much my options?

Thanks!

P.S.

My baby on its shiny new pedestal mount configured for use in a manual altaz mode...

Edited by jgraham (04/28/13 12:53 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Geo.
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 10/01/08

Loc: Upstate NY
Re: Wedge for a 10" LX6 new [Re: jgraham]
      #5828765 - 04/28/13 05:05 PM

Used Super Wedges bring $275-300 and are similar to the Ultra. Someone was offering one for sale on the MEADE-LX5-LX6@yahoogroups.com recently. The Celestron C14/C11 wedge comes up now and then, about $150-$225. It can be adapted with a 7/16 drill bit.

Meade sold a version of the smaller wedge for the 10" LX scopes. It had a longer tilt plate so the forks wouldn't hit the base at higher latitudes. These come along but not often.

Best deal would be the Super Wedge if you can find one.

jgraham
Postmaster

Re: Wedge for a 10" LX6 new [Re: Geo.]
      #5829205 - 04/28/13 09:53 PM

Thanks George. I think that I'm going to give the Ultrawedge a try. Once on a wedge this scope presents one heck of an overhung load and I don't want to risk dropping it. It's a bit pricey, but I'm sure that I'll make good use of it.

jgraham
Postmaster

Re: Wedge for a 10" LX6 new [Re: jgraham]
      #5863295 - 05/15/13 10:04 PM

One step closer... I received a used Super Wedge today. This thing is massive! Fortunately, I've got a heavy duty field tripod arriving tommorow. It will be fun to see how this works for basic imaging.

Fun stuff!

Pages: 1

Extra information
18 registered and 40 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 261

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics