Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home page

Speciality Forums >> Astro Art, Books, Websites & Other Media

Pages: 1
LoveChina61
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 06/20/09

How to make my own webpage?
      #5842498 - 05/05/13 09:25 PM

I would like to make my own astronomy home page but am not sure where to begin. I previously used one of the "free Webpage templates" and posted some of my very first astrophotos there, but that free webpage did not allow me the freedom to design my webpage the way I wanted to.

I would like to create a great webpage like many of you have done. I have a few questions that I hope you could help answer:

1.What webpage services or domains do you recommend for me to use? I would like one that is both reasonably priced yet easy to setup and design.

2.what software do you use to design your website? Do you use Windows "FrontPage" program, or is there another program that is easier to use (more user-friendly)?

Any other advice you can give would be greatly appreciated!
Hopefully someday I can create a webpage that is similar to the masterpieces that most of you have designed.

Mike

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jawaid I. Abbasi
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 06/19/07

Loc: LEVITTOWN, PA
Re: How to make my own webpage? new [Re: LoveChina61]
      #5842554 - 05/05/13 09:59 PM

ANSWERS:
1- Buy Domain from any reseller like go daddy "IF" your intention to publish yourself.

2- Although, you can use any text editor but for newbie; the Front Page is highly desirable.

PM me and I will setup and assist you to start your own. here is the email "jawaid_1968 AT yahoo DOT com"

Thank you.

omahaastro
sage

Reged: 08/30/06

Loc: Omaha, NE
Re: How to make my own webpage? new [Re: Jawaid I. Abbasi]
      #5874882 - 05/20/13 10:46 PM

If that sounds intimidating to you... consider just setting up a Wordpress site... Wordpress is a free blog/content manager, very easy to use, works great for hosting a club website... you can point your domain name to it as well.

LoveChina61
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 06/20/09

Re: How to make my own webpage? new [Re: omahaastro]
      #5875341 - 05/21/13 08:55 AM

Thanks! I will have to look into that.

I also just found ASTROBIN which is specially tailored for displaying astrophotos. I might start with that and then work my way up to a full webpage sometime in the future

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Geo557, kkokkolis 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1602

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics