Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1
Jim langley

Reged: 07/02/11

Loc: New Holland, PA
Help with IEQ45 Controller setup new
      #5842483 - 05/05/13 09:20 PM

I bought an IEQ45 about 8 months ago just before I went overseas. I just got home, and of course with the nice weather, one of the first things I wanted to do was set it up and start observing.

I have a few questions, and Im sure I will have more as I really like this mount and want to learn all about it.

First thing I did was power it up, and when I looked at the time displayed on the controller, it was an hour behind. I am in central Pennsylvania which is EST, so I went to the menu item "setup time and site", and there is a setting for Y/N to daylight savings time, (currently saet to N). Since we are currently under daylight saving time I tried to toggle this to Y, and it would not toggle? Any suggestions why?

I also noticed that the push buttons on the controller are intermittent at best.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SweenyTodd

Reged: 02/01/10

Re: Help with IEQ45 Controller setup new [Re: Jim langley]
      #5844126 - 05/06/13 06:14 PM

I have one of the really old IEQ45's so my experience may not be relevant. My experience was that you need to reset time and zone info before the GPS locks. I wrapped some Al foil around the GPS unit to give me the thumb time to reset. That worked for me

rkayakr
sage

Reged: 10/27/10

Loc: Northeast Ohio
Re: Help with IEQ45 Controller setup [Re: SweenyTodd]
      #5844456 - 05/06/13 09:13 PM

Jim
For an iEQ45 with 8407 controller - you move around the items with the left / right arrows. When you get to the daylight savings time use up / down arrows to toggle Y / N. If I understand the manual correctly, the time and location are overwritten by accurate info from the GPS once it locks. The manual entry is just there in case there is a GPS problem.
Bob

Pages: 1

Extra information
21 registered and 34 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay, iceblaze 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 200

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics