Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Binoviewers

Pages: 1
vkhastro1
sage

Reged: 08/21/05

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Baader Maxbright binoviewer use in Newtonian? new
      #5847842 - 05/08/13 02:02 PM

I own a Baader Maxbright binoviewer that I use with my TV85 (Baader T-2 Zeiss diagonal and 1.25X glass bath) - absolutely amazing. I wish to try it my larger Dobsonians. I see that there is a dedicated Baader 2" 1.7X Newtonian
Coma Correcting Glasspath compensator available. Has anyone used it with the Baader Maxbright binoviewer? If so, any comments pro? or con?
Can the Baader Maxbright binoviewer be used with the Denkmeier 2" OCS (with the appropriate adapters of course)? I have a Denk II super system that has a 2" OCS with it.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
johnnyha
Postmaster

Reged: 11/12/06

Loc: Sherman Oaks, CA
Re: Baader Maxbright binoviewer use in Newtonian? [Re: vkhastro1]
      #5847884 - 05/08/13 02:21 PM

I get excellent performance with the 1.7X Newtonian Corrector with a MkV, I would imagine it would work well with a Maxbright. Alpine Astro has a photo of the Newtonian Corrector attached to a Maxbright and it actually comes with an adapter included to make it happen.

I would imagine the Maxbright/Denk OCS would work fine in your newt with a fairly long (4"+) extension tube, similar to the length of the Denk II super system newt config. Good luck!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TG, Geo557, Joe C 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 427

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics