Jon Isaacs
Postmaster

Reged: 06/16/04

Loc: San Diego and Boulevard, CA
Re: Sky Safari 1.7.3 Android Available new [Re: Sean Wood]
      #5848356 - 05/08/13 06:01 PM

Quote:

Jon:
Even with a WIFI connection it still won't download the data files.. The bluestacks program treats ur hard drive as a variable sized Sd card.. The sky safari data package is to big to download from directly within the bluestacks program. You have to manually download it from the southern stars site, put it in one of the public folder's on your system that the bluestacks app recognizes and then use a file manager within the bluestacks app to move it to where it needs to be for sky safari to find it.

Sean:

Is there any way to take the data file from my Tablet or phone and simply transfer it?

By the way, I hope Bill and Tim are OK with running an Android version of Sky Safari on my PC. ??

Jon

Edited by Jon Isaacs (05/08/13 06:03 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
btschumy
Vendor - Simulation Curriculum

Reged: 04/13/04

Loc: Longmont, CO, USA
Re: Sky Safari 1.7.3 Android Available new [Re: Jon Isaacs]
      #5848419 - 05/08/13 06:36 PM

Jon,

You can grab the data file from your tablet and transfer it. The location where it needs to live is described here:

http://www.southernstars.com/products/skysafari_android/data.html

I assume you are still using the Google Play store and its licensing mechanism when using BlueStacks? If so then I guess this is allowed by the Google Play license. If you are circumventing this somehow then that would be a violation.

Edited by btschumy (05/08/13 06:58 PM)

Sean Wood

Reged: 04/19/11

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Sky Safari 1.7.3 Android Available new [Re: btschumy]
      #5849340 - 05/09/13 07:23 AM

Jon,
You can pull the files off your android device but it's a bigger hassle than downloading the files and moving them around. I tried this a few times and never could quite seem to get ALL the files in the needed folders. Every time I tried the size of the folder never came out the same. I'm not sure but it seems as if some of them are hidden.

Bill,
Yes the Bluse stacks program is Play certified and DOES check for the proper licensing. A fact that I was going to emphasize in my write up. That to use skysafari in the program you had to have a valid licensed product or be willing to purchase one within the emulator itself. This is NOT a work around to get your wonderful product for free. I actually found a couple Android emulators for windows but Bluestacks was the only one that allowed access to the Play Store. The others only has app access through 3rd party markets, predominantly the Amazon Store.

Jon Isaacs
Postmaster

Reged: 06/16/04

Loc: San Diego and Boulevard, CA
Re: Sky Safari 1.7.3 Android Available [Re: btschumy]
      #5849398 - 05/09/13 07:55 AM

Quote:

Jon,

You can grab the data file from your tablet and transfer it. The location where it needs to live is described here:

http://www.southernstars.com/products/skysafari_android/data.html

I assume you are still using the Google Play store and its licensing mechanism when using BlueStacks? If so then I guess this is allowed by the Google Play license. If you are circumventing this somehow then that would be a violation.

Bill:

Thanks. I will see if I can get it up and running when I have time.

I am definitely running it off my Android license within the Playstore, no question about that. I was more interested in your take as to whether you were OK with it. Seems like you are.

Jon

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
6 registered and 15 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  richard7, kkokkolis 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3031

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics