Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green GuÖ uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Cats & Casses

Pages: 1
Theaetetus
journeyman

Reged: 05/19/13

Any owners of an Orion Optics UK ODK telescope?
      #5872176 - 05/19/13 06:36 PM

The Orion Optics ODK line has been around for a couple of years now. I donít know anyone personally who owns one of these scopes. However, the optical performance seems impressive based on the RMS spot size diagrams provided by the company (http://www.orionoptics.co.uk/ODK/odkrangeand(ota).html) and some uncropped images that Iíve seen also look impressive. The cost/performance ratio seems particularly good.

I am debating between the ODK10 and ODK12 but Iím leaning toward the 10 inch. The seeing in my area (~1.5 arcsec at best, 2.5-3.0 typically) is a reasonable match for the ODK10 with my QSI540WSG (0.9 arcsec/pixel) and even a KAF16803 (1.09 arcsec/pixel) isnít bad. Iím not sure that longer FL makes sense for me given the limitations of my skies and the significantly higher cost.

Does anyone have long-term experience with one of these scopes?

Thanks very much.

Theaetetus

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
EFT
Vendor - Deep Space Products

Reged: 05/07/07

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Re: Any owners of an Orion Optics UK ODK telescope? new [Re: Theaetetus]
      #5873502 - 05/20/13 11:16 AM

You need to do a little searching through the Cats and Casses threads. I'm fairly sure that there was some discussion of the scopes sometime within the last year.

Theaetetus
journeyman

Reged: 05/19/13

Re: Any owners of an Orion Optics UK ODK telescope? new [Re: EFT]
      #5873982 - 05/20/13 03:26 PM

Yes I did do such a search in terms of the current threads and in the archive without any hits.

Pages: 1

Extra information
16 registered and 24 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Starman27, kkokkolis 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 456

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics