Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

CN Feedback and Vendor Announcements >> Vendor and Group Announcements

Pages: 1
mattflastro
Vendor - Astrovideo Systems

Reged: 07/31/09

Loc: Brevard County , FL
NEW ASTRO VIDEO CAMS - NOW COMPLETE SETUPS AVAIL. new
      #5885583 - 05/26/13 01:06 PM Attachment (20 downloads)

I updated the website http://www.astro-video.com to reflect availability of complete , turn-key setups of the NO AMP-GLOW Low Power Camera and the NO AMP-GLOW Advanced Camera .
Both setups ship complete with :
- modified camera ,
- handbox remote,
- camera to remote cable,
- RS485 dongle for your computer,
- 1.25" C-mount nosepiece adapter
- C-mount 5mm spacer ring
- twin power plus video cable
- 12V power adapter
- user manual
- 1 year warranty
I will post this as a new thread to reflect the new availabilities.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ASTERON
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 11/24/07

Loc: ISRAEL
Re: NEW ASTRO VIDEO CAMS - NOW COMPLETE SETUPS AVAIL. new [Re: mattflastro]
      #5885612 - 05/26/13 01:26 PM

Great,
This is fantastic. Once the HD TEC cooled Cam and the F/1.8 reducer are available I'm getting one to try.

One question. Are your DC power supplies Universal ( i.e will they automatically recognize and switch between 110V/60Hz and 220V/50Hz). This is a must if you intend to ship to Europe or Asia because we have the 220V AC mains.

You can also stock 110V power supplies and 220V power supplies but the universal (switching) kind makes more sense because they are not much more expensive than other power supplies and you dont have to stock two different types of PS and correctly match them to the customer's needs ( saves a lot of headaches for you), and they work everywhere !

mattflastro

Re: NEW ASTRO VIDEO CAMS - NOW COMPLETE SETUPS AVAIL. new [Re: ASTERON]
      #5885624 - 05/26/13 01:31 PM

I am working on it. Human multitasking limitations are becoming now extremely obvious to me much more than at my day job.

ASTERON
Carpal Tunnel

Re: NEW ASTRO VIDEO CAMS - NOW COMPLETE SETUPS AVAIL. [Re: mattflastro]
      #5885638 - 05/26/13 01:37 PM

Matt,
Take it easy, you dont have to do it immediately
I was just pointing it out to you trying to prevent an expensive mistake. I am actually very impressed at the lightning speed with which you responded to our posts and comments here.
Think about it and put the relevant info on the website for us to know.
good luck with this new venture.

Edited by ASTERON (05/26/13 01:38 PM)

mattflastro

#5888966 - 05/28/13 01:21 PM

Quote:

Great,
This is fantastic. Once the HD TEC cooled Cam and the F/1.8 reducer are available I'm getting one to try.

One question. Are your DC power supplies Universal ( i.e will they automatically recognize and switch between 110V/60Hz and 220V/50Hz). This is a must if you intend to ship to Europe or Asia because we have the 220V AC mains.

You can also stock 110V power supplies and 220V power supplies but the universal (switching) kind makes more sense because they are not much more expensive than other power supplies and you dont have to stock two different types of PS and correctly match them to the customer's needs ( saves a lot of headaches for you), and they work everywhere !

Yes, universal autoswitching power supplies that take 100v to 240v are the answer. Still need a travel kit to be mechanically compatible with the different plug/outlet shapes in different countries but can keep the power brick itself .

ASTERON
Carpal Tunnel

#5889263 - 05/28/13 03:56 PM

Matt,
I woudn't worry too much about adding a travel kit to the Bundle, such adapters may be very easily purchased locally almost anywhere.
Incidentally, you could get a universal the Power supply that already has the necessary adapter set. I recently got an External hard disk (LaCie) that came with a Universal Power Supply that had several such adapters - all I had to do was select the desired adapter and slide and lock it in place.
If you can get one of those (all chinese made for sure) you get a complete fully integrated off-the shelf universal solution to the Power suply issue. I'm sure you can easily get such Chinese P.S. for a very reasonable price (they are actually quite good).
Just my 2 cents

Edited by ASTERON (05/28/13 03:57 PM)

mattflastro

#5889845 - 05/28/13 09:57 PM

Quote:

Matt,
I woudn't worry too much about adding a travel kit to the Bundle, such adapters may be very easily purchased locally almost anywhere.
Incidentally, you could get a universal the Power supply that already has the necessary adapter set. I recently got an External hard disk (LaCie) that came with a Universal Power Supply that had several such adapters - all I had to do was select the desired adapter and slide and lock it in place.
If you can get one of those (all chinese made for sure) you get a complete fully integrated off-the shelf universal solution to the Power suply issue. I'm sure you can easily get such Chinese P.S. for a very reasonable price (they are actually quite good).
Just my 2 cents

I always disliked those although they do work. The simpler solution is to just supply the correct type of adapter from the beginning . No tiny bits to lose or get confused in the dark either .

ASTERON
Carpal Tunnel

#5890423 - 05/29/13 10:05 AM

Matt,
Its your call. As I said, the Universal P.S. I am talking about works great. It comes bundled with a choice of several pronges and once you select the right one it clicks positively into place and remains very firmly attached there.
The only thing I dislike about this method is that you throw away some unnecessary parts after you fit in the correct one.
Understandably, for field work your approach may be more robust, but we are not talking here about fumbling in the dark for a part (the part needs to be installed semi-permanently only once, when you get the P.S., and remains installed on the P.S. for ever after).
As I said, your call.
Cheers

Edited by ASTERON (05/29/13 10:06 AM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
2 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Brian Risley, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 713

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics