As I keep working with Pixinsight I have realized that there was some good data I captured last year I wasn't able to properly address. This is 1h 50m of 10 minute exposures I captured last August that I re-procesed this week with some of the stuff I've picked up in the last year. The image was shot through a Televue 127is guided on a Paramount ME captured with a QSI 583c (Operated by my RASC chapter).
I would love to hear any pointers you fine gents have, because lots of the stuff on her blows me away.
Re: The Iris Nebula re-process (NGC 7023)
[Re: Jim Thommes]
#5886297 - 05/26/13 10:16 PM Attachment (9 downloads)
Impressive image! I like your processing very much. My only minor suggestion would be to run it through a green filter like HVLG to remove the slight green cast in a few places, like on the left side. I did a quick filter on your image. The result is attached for your consideration. The change is hardly noticable though. Congrats on an excellent image.
Thanks for the feedback guys. Tyler, I see what you are saying. I ran a pass of SCNR across the background using a filter for each colour at about 40% aggressiveness, but I was hesitant to go farther than that because I didn't want to remove the character from the dust features. You managed to strip a low quality jpeg of any offensive green quite nicely so I'll go back and see what I can do on the full file. Thanks for the suggestion!