Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

CN Feedback and Vendor Announcements >> Vendor and Group Announcements

Pages: 1
kpendlebury
Vendor Main Sequence Software

Reged: 11/12/08

Loc: Central TX
Mosaic Capture the Easy Way!
      #5886382 - 05/26/13 11:39 PM

Version 2.2 of Sequence Generator Pro will support a new, easy to use Framing & Mosaic Wizard. With this tool you can plan complex mosaics in mere minutes and get to imaging quickly. Simply download the image that has your intended target (via the provided interface), rotate to find your camera angle, draw a square around the area of interest and start imaging (the tool will create a sequence for you). It's really that easy...

The mosaic wizard is also a great way to frame even your single tile sequences. Version 2.2 now includes automated support for ASCOM rotators and even a "manual rotator" that will validate placement of the camera before capturing data.

Version 2.2 public beta is available now! In addition to mosaics, Sequence Generator Pro offers hundreds of other features in the current 2.1 release... swing by and check them out (free 45 day trial).

For more information on Sequence Generator Pro, please visit our website at www.mainsequencesoftware.com

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
dp297
sage

Reged: 12/14/10

Re: Mosaic Capture the Easy Way! new [Re: kpendlebury]
      #5956087 - 07/05/13 01:14 PM

What database do u use for the images?
Does it contain all nebula, VDB, galaxies etc??

buckeyestargazer
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 01/12/08

Loc: IN, USA
      #5959748 - 07/07/13 10:32 PM

I have been a long time user of SGP and have now used the Framing and Mosaic Wizard a few times. I have to say that it is so easy to use and is elegant in its approach. I can't imagine anything easier to use and it just works. Way to go Ken and Jared!

Kman79
journeyman

Reged: 12/31/12

Loc: FL,USA
      #6035518 - 08/19/13 10:35 PM

Just started playing with the demo of the mosaic wizard. when ever I type MOON in to the object box SIMBAD say it can not find it which makes since. But I can not get it to use images from Astrobin and when I tried RA and DEC it came up with a image that was not the moon. Pulls nebula up no problem. I'm sure it's probably some thing I'm doing wrong but can not figure it out. Any one else have this problem?

kpendlebury
Vendor Main Sequence Software

Reged: 11/12/08

Loc: Central TX
Re: Mosaic Capture the Easy Way! new [Re: Kman79]
      #6038634 - 08/21/13 03:58 PM

Kman,

The SGPro mosaic wizard does not support the moon or planetary objects. In terms of Astrobin objects, SGPro only supports objects that have been solved by the blind solver. You will be able to find much better support by joining the Main Sequence Software group here:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/mainsequencesoftware/

Pages: 1

Extra information
6 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Brian Risley, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 704

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics