Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1
khobar95

Reged: 01/08/12

Loc: Arizona
iOptron MT bearing replacement
      #5917114 - 06/12/13 02:32 PM

I am about to replace the bearings in my MT with Timken bearings and have a couple of questions.

1) I was able to disassemble most of the way pretty easily. However I have some parts of the bearings that are "stuck" (the tapered pieces that the roller bearings fit into - forgive me that I don't know what it's called. Sleeve?) I presume these are pressed into the mount housing? How should I remove them for replacement?

2) the bearing at the bottom of the mount - the roller part won't come out. I don't know what's keeping it in but I don't want to brute force it and potentially damage things. I loosened the two set screws on the round plate immediately below but that doesn't appear to have done anything.

Some time ago I *thought* I came upon a page with detailed pictures and descriptions but can't seem to find it now. Would appreciate some help with this. Thanks!

EDIT: Never mind - I understand now.

Edited by khobar95 (06/13/13 12:42 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
26 registered and 32 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 132

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics