Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1
RRod

Reged: 08/07/06

Loc: Glenview, IL, USA,
Help Orion Atlas Mount tracking/guiding problems
      #5920792 - 06/14/13 03:26 PM

Hello
I am looking for some advice of a current problem I have with my Orion Atlas Mount. I currently use the mount for mostly AP, so my mount is Hypertuned . I control it using the EQmode and Cartes du Ciel. I also use the Orion 50 mm mini guider.
For quite some time, I have been able to guide up to 15min without a problem using ES 127mm as image telescope. However, recently I have not been able to get more than 2 minutes without getting star trails. PHD calibrates very well (between 15-20 steps) and then when it starts guiding, the star moves so much than the guiding corrections get to the maximum duration. If I look at the phd graph, I can see that the RA and DEC lines moves sometime parallel away from the middle of the scale or sometime the DEC and the RA lines move away from each other and then start coming back to the middle point and then again. I could take up to 90s without guiding, so I know that my alignment is good. If I point straight up, then the DEC remains stable but the RA still gets all over the place.
Any advice of what could be?

Thank you
Rodrigo

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
22 registered and 46 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay, iceblaze 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 240

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics