Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1
Mauikj

Reged: 06/08/08

Loc: Maui, Hawaii, USA
My DM6 arrived! (now I just need my tripod!)
      #5945365 - 06/28/13 06:47 PM

Aloha Everyone,

Just got my new DM6 in the mail yesterday! It looks awesome, really beautifuly built. Unfortunately the Berlebach Planet tripod I ordered 3 weeks ago is still in transit (oddly the tray arrived a week ago but the tripod is still MIA and the tracking Berlebach uses does not work once the package hits the US and is transferred to the USPS). Hopefully it will arrive soon. It is torture to have this beautiful mount just waiting for action. Sadly, none of my other tripods have the right mounting for it. Thanks to everyone who helped me decide which to buy with their great feedback and photos, especially Tammy, Johnny, Doug, Mark, Sergio,....hey sounds like an Acadamy Award speech....but then again without a tripod and on the extender it is a bit like that statue....

I'll post a review once it has all arrived and is up and running.

KJ

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Doug D.
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 08/23/05

Loc: Virginia
Re: My DM6 arrived! (now I just need my tripod!) new [Re: Mauikj]
      #5945560 - 06/28/13 08:49 PM

Good luck with it KJ - you are going to love it and I'm sure the Planet will be worth the wait!

Doug

JMW
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 02/11/07

Loc: Nevada
Re: My DM6 arrived! (now I just need my tripod!) new [Re: Doug D.]
      #5945684 - 06/28/13 10:02 PM

Hopefully you get it by the new moon. I have the DM6/Planet combo and it rocks for my TEC 140. I would love to have some of your southern skies.

mountain monk
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 11/06/09

Loc: Grand Teton National Park
Re: My DM6 arrived! (now I just need my tripod!) new [Re: JMW]
      #5945865 - 06/29/13 01:17 AM

+1

Dark skies.

Jack

Mark9473
Postmaster

Reged: 07/21/05

Loc: 51N 4E
Re: My DM6 arrived! (now I just need my tripod!) new [Re: mountain monk]
      #5946601 - 06/29/13 01:32 PM

Congratulations! Did you order the DM tripod extension or are you working on another solution?

cw00

Reged: 08/16/11

Loc: San Diego, CA
Re: My DM6 arrived! (now I just need my tripod!) new [Re: Mark9473]
      #5946673 - 06/29/13 02:24 PM

Congratulations!
I just got my DM6 a few weeks ago for Tak FS-152 and it is indeed a beautiful piece of work. I use it with DM tripod extension on Losmandy LW tripod and it is silky smooth even when pointing straight up. I am sure the Berlebach planet will be even better.

Mauikj

Reged: 06/08/08

Loc: Maui, Hawaii, USA
Re: My DM6 arrived! (now I just need my tripod!) new [Re: Mark9473]
      #5946784 - 06/29/13 03:31 PM

Aloha Mark,

I did get the extension (which is really nicely made) and the eyepiece tray and sky commander. So I pretty much just need the tripod. I'll see if I can modify another tripod I have to test it out as I'm worried they put the Planet tripod on a boat and that can take forever. Like most people with new astro-gear I'm super impatient to try it out!

SteveC
Post Laureate

Reged: 06/15/06

Loc: Sunshine State & Ocean State
Re: My DM6 arrived! (now I just need my tripod!) new [Re: Mauikj]
      #5946821 - 06/29/13 04:01 PM

Quote:

Aloha Mark,

I did get the extension (which is really nicely made) and the eyepiece tray and sky commander. So I pretty much just need the tripod. I'll see if I can modify another tripod I have to test it out as I'm worried they put the Planet tripod on a boat and that can take forever. Like most people with new astro-gear I'm super impatient to try it out!

I can't tell you how many times I've had to adapt tripods to my mounts, from drilling larger bolt holes, sanding sections of threads off bolts, to cutting plastic cutting boards. I always dread matching mounts to tripods.

Pages: 1

Extra information
13 registered and 23 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 395

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics