Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home page

Speciality Forums >> Astronomy Clubs and Star Parties

Pages: 1
RChrisLee

Reged: 07/28/10

Registration for the Almost Heaven Star Party 2013 is now open! new
      #5800625 - 04/15/13 01:59 PM

On behalf of the Almost Heaven Star Party organizing team, I am pleased to announce that general registration for the 2013 event is now open. Almost Heaven Star Party www.ahsp.org

AHSP 2013 begins on Friday, September 6 and ends the morning of Tuesday, September 10. The timing of this year's event allows participants to enjoy four observing nights.

Registration fees remain unchanged from last year. Registration costs $80 for the first participant (this will rise to $100 on July 1). Additional adults sharing the same campsite are $40. Registration for children under 12 is free.

The Mountain Institute's tasty and creative hot meals will once again be available as an option for those who would like them, at $35/day (adults) and $25/day (children).

Assignments to an observing field are on a first-come, first-served basis, though--so register early to ensure that your location of choice is available! This is especially important for those bringing a large RV. We have reduced the number of field spaces available to large RVs in order to ensure availability of the relatively level ground needed by these vehicles.

We will once again offer the opportunity to take a tour on the Cass Mountain Scenic Railroad, a historic steam-powered rail line that offers a fascinating scenic tour high in the West Virginia Mountains. The tour, a roughly 2-hour round trip, will be offered on Saturday, September 7.

The popular NRAO (National Radio Astronomy Observatory) tour will once again be available on Sunday, September 8. The tour will offer behind-the-scenes access (including a tour of the control room) not available on the public tour. In addition, a small group will be able to do hands-on radiotelescope observing in the evening, using a 40-foot dish under the tutelage of NRAO staff.

We once again expect to have a terrific program of speakers and hands-on instruction; we've posted early program information on the AHSP website and will continue to update this information as we get closer to the event.

Register early! AHSP has sold out every year since 2010.

Clear skies, and I look forward to seeing many of you at AHSP 2013!

Chris Lee
for the AHSP organizing committee
info@ahsp.org

Edited by RChrisLee (04/16/13 08:29 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
davebuechler
professor emeritus

Reged: 08/21/11

Loc: Red River Gorge Kentucky
Re: General registration for AHSP 2013 is now open! new [Re: RChrisLee]
      #5800961 - 04/15/13 04:36 PM

Just registered. This will be my first year at AHSP and am looking forward to it. Sounds like a great venue.

dc_robert
sage

Reged: 04/17/13

Loc: Washington, DC
Re: General registration for AHSP 2013 is now open! new [Re: davebuechler]
      #5804637 - 04/17/13 02:14 PM

Mine too. Can't wait!

RChrisLee

Almost Heaven Star Party - Sept. 6-10 2013 new [Re: dc_robert]
      #5864617 - 05/16/13 01:50 PM

I'm just following up to let everyone now that the event is selling out faster than we have ever seen before and even know we are still months away if you are thinking on joining us I would register soon! If you have questions let me know!

www.ahsp.org

Best,

Chris Lee
AHSP Co-Chair
info@ahsp.org

davebuechler
professor emeritus

Reged: 08/21/11

Loc: Red River Gorge Kentucky
Re: Almost Heaven Star Party - Sept. 6-10 2013 new [Re: RChrisLee]
      #5923458 - 06/16/13 09:36 AM

Do you have a Vendor list yet?

RChrisLee

Re: Almost Heaven Star Party - Sept. 6-10 2013 new [Re: davebuechler]
      #5951632 - 07/02/13 04:07 PM

We have Hands on Optics and Astro Gizmos confirmed, we may have a few more this year as well. We should know within the next couple of weeks.

RChrisLee

Re: Almost Heaven Star Party - Sept. 6-10 2013 [Re: RChrisLee]
      #5951635 - 07/02/13 04:10 PM

We are getting close to being sold out as well already two months in advance! Sign up soon if you are wanting to come to AHSP 2013!

www.ahsp.org

Best,

Chris Lee
AHSP Co-Chair
info@ahsp.org

Pages: 1

Extra information
6 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  darklighteditor, Joe C 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 888
Calendar Event: 09/06/13

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics