Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1
Ebbisham

Reged: 10/02/10

Loc: Surrey, Uk
Gibraltar head on Berlebach Uni tripod
      #5956608 - 07/05/13 07:21 PM

I was lucky to pick up a mint Gibraltar mount with DSC for a good price. I was toying with the idea to get a new AOK Ayo Mark II with DCS as i quite like the older Ayo mount i have (non DSC), but the Gibraltar came to a third of the cost so i was willing to give it a go despite the mixed reports from peopel using it with their TV102's.

As i need to fold my tripods away after each session i am not to keen on the tray that holds the Gibraltar tripod together. Fortunately i have a Berlebach Uni 28 tripod with leg spreader that allows me to fold away the tripod in 2 seconds.
Now the Uni tripod has a GP head and it seesm it is possible to remove the 3/82 screw from the Gibraltar head.

Would it work if i get the Berlebach GP to 3/8" adapter (http://www.berlebach.de/?bereich=details&id=123&sprache=english) and put the Gibraltar head on my Uni tripod.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
30 registered and 34 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 147

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics