Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Binoviewers

Pages: 1
REC
Post Laureate

Reged: 10/20/10

Loc: NC
Daytime viewing?
      #6005170 - 08/03/13 05:35 PM

Well I have been waiting and reading as much as I can on the subject on this site about BVing as I picked up a Denk PS to see about upgrading from my WO pair. Trouble is, the sky has been horrible for two months now and becoming very frustrating. Today I decided to take the scope out and look at something...I have used a house down the street before to compare EP views as I use the roof and peak to observe. I can see some difference in the shingles and siding for some detail and contrast.

I was not out to long as it is very hot and humid out, but I can see some changes in the brightness and sharpness from one EP to another and maybe between the two BV ers. Not a bad idea to check out the views in the daytime I think.

Oh and yeck, I can see all kinds of dust on the corrector plate...have to fight the urge to clean it!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Mark9473
Postmaster

Reged: 07/21/05

Loc: 51N 4E
Re: Daytime viewing? new [Re: REC]
      #6005180 - 08/03/13 05:46 PM

Wrong forum Bob; binoviewers in one further down the list, but welcome here anyway.

REC
Post Laureate

Reged: 10/20/10

Loc: NC
Re: Daytime viewing? new [Re: Mark9473]
      #6017527 - 08/10/13 12:19 PM

Oops, sorry about that and thanks for putting it in the wright forum:)

Bob

DRodrigues

Reged: 08/08/11

Re: Daytime viewing? new [Re: REC]
      #6018653 - 08/11/13 08:53 AM

Bob,
I did/do daylight binoview since some years http://www.pt-ducks.com/cr-telescopes.htm#CR-binoviewing but since I tested an Ethos 17 on my combo http://www.pt-ducks.com/cr-telescopes.htm#Test%20of%2082%C2%BA,%20100%C2%BA%20and%20102%C2%BA%20AFOV%20zooms I returned again to monoview mainly because is parfocal when zooming with my set-up, which is not the case when zooming the bino-combo - I use both to cr-birding and it is more efficient with the Ethos combo since is easier to find my marked ducks and faster to read the nasal saddled codes. If I was just birding I would be using the bino-combo since is more comfortable and love the pseudo 3D effect!...

cavefrog
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 11/11/08

Loc: loozyanna
Re: Daytime viewing? new [Re: DRodrigues]
      #6021793 - 08/12/13 10:11 PM

Quote:

Not a bad idea to check out the views in the daytime I think.

I think it is a good idea to try out ANY new equipment/setup in the daylight first.

Theo

Pages: 1

Extra information
3 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TG, Geo557 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 516

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics