Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green GuÖ uh, User

General Astronomy >> General Observing and Astronomy

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
LoveChina61
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 06/20/09

Re: Listening to music while observing new [Re: okieav8r]
      #6059009 - 09/02/13 10:54 AM

Quote:

Carry On -- Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
Embryonic Journey -- Jefferson Airplane
Sighs In A Shell -- Jimmie Spheeris
Sunken Skies -- Jimmie Spheeris
Gallows Pole -- Led Zeppelin
That's The Way -- Led Zeppelin
Traction In The Rain -- David Crosby
Triad -- The Byrds........

Sounds like you're about five years or so older than me. For example, I remember Emerson, Lake, and Palmer but I was a bit young yet to have "gotten in to them".

Love all the choices of your bands! I saw 32 concerts as a teenager including some of the bands on your list. I still regret selling back my Led Zeppelin ticket back in about 1978. I paid $6.50 for it which was nearly double the ticket price to see most other bands. And I had to purchase it 4 months before the concert! Four months is a long time to wait for a teenager. So when they cancelled and re-scheduled it to be held another 3 months later (7 months total wait time), I sold it back to them in anger. Now I wish I hadn't

When under the stars, I like hearing Foreigner's "Star Rider". In fact, since we are on the topic I think I will get on Youtube and listen to it right now

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Dave A.

Reged: 11/27/07

Loc: Leadwood, MO
Re: Listening to music while observing new [Re: GageCook]
      #6059096 - 09/02/13 11:50 AM

Quote:

I was just wondering how many people listen to music while observing? What kind do you listen to? I usually have Pandora radio going on the Pink Floyd station or something light and easy. I've got some great suggestions if anyone is interested in adding them to your Pandora list! I find it really adds to the experience.

I haven't but after reading this I probably will! Thx.

SusanY

Reged: 02/05/13

Loc: Cape Town, South Africa
Re: Listening to music while observing new [Re: GageCook]
      #6059652 - 09/02/13 04:52 PM

I donít listen to music while Iím observing Ė I also prefer the quiet solitude Ė but about a year ago, out of curiosity, I bought a collection of six of William Herschelís 24 symphonies (Nos 2, 8, 12, 13, 14 and 17). Beautiful music! (Worth listening to.) And quite strange to listen to his wonderful music while looking at his wonderful objects.

amicus sidera
Post Laureate

Reged: 10/14/11

Loc: East of the Sun, West of the M...
Re: Listening to music while observing new [Re: SusanY]
      #6059983 - 09/02/13 08:52 PM

Quote:

I donít listen to music while Iím observing Ė I also prefer the quiet solitude Ė but about a year ago, out of curiosity, I bought a collection of six of William Herschelís 24 symphonies (Nos 2, 8, 12, 13, 14 and 17). Beautiful music! (Worth listening to.) And quite strange to listen to his wonderful music while looking at his wonderful objects.

The fact that you're listening to them from the Cape, near where his son John made a good many of his observations, makes them all the more wonderful, I would imagine!

Fred

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
2 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  cildarith, panhard, tecmage 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1972

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics