Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
maugi88
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 08/25/13

Loc: SE MN
Re: new lx 850 owner [Re: Spacetravelerx]
      #6054569 - 08/30/13 02:49 PM

Andrew,

I will be watching for the video, I assume you'll post it. I like the high precision pointing too. As long as you sync, right in the middle every time.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Whichwayisnorth
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 07/04/11

Loc: Southern California
Re: new lx 850 owner new [Re: maugi88]
      #6062854 - 09/04/13 02:58 PM

Congrats on the LX850! Very very nice system. I am also glad that Andrew is willing to take the time to show videos etc. I have been promising to do that for a year now and haven't

Spacetravelerx
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 12/23/12

Loc: New Mexico
Re: new lx 850 owner new [Re: Whichwayisnorth]
      #6062877 - 09/04/13 03:14 PM

Quote:

Congrats on the LX850! Very very nice system. I am also glad that Andrew is willing to take the time to show videos etc. I have been promising to do that for a year now and haven't

Two conditions for me to do the videos - I need to get home to New Mexico, and I need a break from the monsoons. We need the rain, but a break in the nightly cloud cover when I am there would be nice!

maugi88
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 08/25/13

Loc: SE MN
Re: new lx 850 owner new [Re: Spacetravelerx]
      #6063111 - 09/04/13 05:46 PM

Quote:

Two conditions for me to do the videos - I need to get home to New Mexico, and I need a break from the monsoons. We need the rain, but a break in the nightly cloud cover when I am there would be nice!

Whaaaat? you mean you cant control the weather? You call yourself a rocket scientist?

I can wait. Of course conditions must be right, and you will need the time to do it. By all means take your time, zero pressure.

I am wondering how you connected your telescope with the sky safari on your phone. Are you using a serial connection to a computer and then blue tooth to the phone?

Whichwayisnorth
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 07/04/11

Loc: Southern California
      #6063336 - 09/04/13 08:28 PM

I use a network connection. When you plug in the skyfi module it creates a network address. Go into your smart device where you set up your network connections and select the network. Once connected, fire up sky safari and choose that method of connection. Really simple and easy.

Spacetravelerx
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 12/23/12

Loc: New Mexico
      #6063410 - 09/04/13 09:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Whaaaat? you mean you cant control the weather? You call yourself a rocket scientist?

I can wait. Of course conditions must be right, and you will need the time to do it. By all means take your time, zero pressure.

I am wondering how you connected your telescope with the sky safari on your phone. Are you using a serial connection to a computer and then blue tooth to the phone?

maugi88,

Well I do use the satellite for weather recon, lol.

I have a SkyFi connected to the LX850 RS232 port. The SkyFi can be either its own network, or integrated with your home network (like mine is). I control the LX850 with my iPad (and hand controller), but it can also be controlled with SkySafari on the iPhone and Macintosh (and the android universe). Coolest moment - I adjusted the telescope from my bed, the ultimate in laziness lol! Why? Because I could!

The wifi setup is very easy to use.

I am not big on BlueTooth control. I like being able to use wifi - it gives me broader coverage.

I will include that on the video too.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Starman27, Christopher Erickson, Starman81 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1530

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics