Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Eyepieces

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
MRNUTTY
Carpal Tunnel
*****

Reged: 11/22/11

Loc: Mendon, MA
Re: Bill Paolini's book on EP's is out! new [Re: Sarkikos]
      #6073165 - 09/10/13 12:44 PM

Mine arrives today!

Edited by MRNUTTY (09/10/13 12:45 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
BillP
Postmaster
*****

Reged: 11/26/06

Loc: Vienna, VA
Re: Bill Paolini's book on EP's is out! new [Re: ibase]
      #6073350 - 09/10/13 02:40 PM

No prob for me. Just let me know when to expect so I know it is from whoever and next steps.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
David E
Post Laureate
*****

Reged: 05/25/06

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Bill Paolini's book on EP's is out! new [Re: ibase]
      #6073424 - 09/10/13 03:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mike,

Wow, a Sarkikos Baader Hyperion Zoom article and featured in Bill's EP book? That's great! Is there a link to your Baader Zoom article? Thanks.




Bill let me know that my Baader Zoom article was inadvertently left out. But it will be included in the next printing and my other article is in the book now.

Mike




Mike, here's what I'm planning to do - want my copy autographed so will order/pay via Amazon and tell them to send it to Bill (with his permission). After signing the book he then sends book to you, you autograph your Baader Zoom article page, then mail it to my buddy in LA, CA USA, he will take care of sending it to me. I'll pay you & Bill by Paypal for expenses/forwarding the book. What do you think? Thanks, I know it's a big favor from both of you.

Best,




But wait, I have contributed some pictures in that book too. Better route it to me as well, so I can autograph it. Maybe we need to do this in alphabetical order?


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Sarkikos
Postmaster
*****

Reged: 12/18/07

Loc: Scotophobe Maryland, USA
Re: Bill Paolini's book on EP's is out! new [Re: David E]
      #6073658 - 09/10/13 05:59 PM

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Mike


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
MRNUTTY
Carpal Tunnel
*****

Reged: 11/22/11

Loc: Mendon, MA
Re: Bill Paolini's book on EP's is out! new [Re: Sarkikos]
      #6073757 - 09/10/13 07:12 PM

WOW! Bill this book is huge!! My God, soooooo many eyepieces! Awesome job man!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
David E
Post Laureate
*****

Reged: 05/25/06

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Bill Paolini's book on EP's is out! new [Re: MRNUTTY]
      #6073808 - 09/10/13 07:45 PM

Quote:

WOW! Bill this book is huge!! My God, soooooo many eyepieces! Awesome job man!




Okay Amazon.com, where's mine???


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
BillP
Postmaster
*****

Reged: 11/26/06

Loc: Vienna, VA
Re: Bill Paolini's book on EP's is out! new [Re: MRNUTTY]
      #6073821 - 09/10/13 07:53 PM

Thanks...and thanks everyone. And yes...I certainly am not immune...so much eye candy in there from everyone here and around that I am often just flipping thru it to look at the pics

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
MRNUTTY
Carpal Tunnel
*****

Reged: 11/22/11

Loc: Mendon, MA
Re: Bill Paolini's book on EP's is out! new [Re: BillP]
      #6073844 - 09/10/13 08:12 PM

Bill, you should be proud you motivated so many folks to contribute to your book. Which itself is a testament to everyone's dedication to our hobby.

Figure 4.1.. Wow!


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SteveC
Post Laureate
*****

Reged: 06/15/06

Loc: Sunshine State & Ocean State
Re: Bill Paolini's book on EP's is out! new [Re: BillP]
      #6073975 - 09/10/13 09:31 PM

Quote:

Thanks...and thanks everyone. And yes...I certainly am not immune...so much eye candy in there from everyone here and around that I am often just flipping thru it to look at the pics




Oh, it's a picture book, I can handle that - coffee table stuff.

Edited by SteveC (09/10/13 09:34 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jeff Morgan
Postmaster
*****

Reged: 09/28/03

Loc: Prescott, AZ
Re: Bill Paolini's book on EP's is out! new [Re: David E]
      #6073990 - 09/10/13 09:38 PM

I placed my order this afternoon, estimated delivery date Friday the 13th.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Sarkikos
Postmaster
*****

Reged: 12/18/07

Loc: Scotophobe Maryland, USA
Re: Bill Paolini's book on EP's is out! new [Re: Jeff Morgan]
      #6074052 - 09/10/13 10:27 PM

Mine's due tomorrow ... September the 11th.

Mike


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ibase
Vendor Affiliate
*****

Reged: 03/20/08

Loc: Manila, Philippines 121*E 14*N
Re: Bill Paolini's book on EP's is out! new [Re: Sarkikos]
      #6074089 - 09/10/13 10:49 PM

Am surprised at the downward slide of the book's pricing at Amazon during the past few days, starting off at $42, the book is now being sold in Amazon for $29.48! (free shipping) What gives?

PS: Mike & Bill, thanks for the positive response about the autograph plan.

Best,


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ibase
Vendor Affiliate
*****

Reged: 03/20/08

Loc: Manila, Philippines 121*E 14*N
Re: Bill Paolini's book on EP's is out! new [Re: David E]
      #6074266 - 09/11/13 12:58 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mike,

Wow, a Sarkikos Baader Hyperion Zoom article and featured in Bill's EP book? That's great! Is there a link to your Baader Zoom article? Thanks.




Bill let me know that my Baader Zoom article was inadvertently left out. But it will be included in the next printing and my other article is in the book now.

Mike




Mike, here's what I'm planning to do - want my copy autographed so will order/pay via Amazon and tell them to send it to Bill (with his permission). After signing the book he then sends book to you, you autograph your Baader Zoom article page, then mail it to my buddy in LA, CA USA, he will take care of sending it to me. I'll pay you & Bill by Paypal for expenses/forwarding the book. What do you think? Thanks, I know it's a big favor from both of you.

Best,




But wait, I have contributed some pictures in that book too. Better route it to me as well, so I can autograph it. Maybe we need to do this in alphabetical order?






Also contributed, pic of the Siebert standards


Siebert Standards 10mm & 15mm

Best,


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
esd726
scholastic sledgehammer
*****

Reged: 09/30/04

Loc: Rochester, IN
Re: Bill Paolini's book on EP's is out! new [Re: ibase]
      #6074417 - 09/11/13 05:30 AM

Should get mine Friday.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
MRNUTTY
Carpal Tunnel
*****

Reged: 11/22/11

Loc: Mendon, MA
Re: Bill Paolini's book on EP's is out! new [Re: esd726]
      #6074511 - 09/11/13 07:33 AM

The e-book version is very good too! I can leave the paper book in the observatory and the e-book comes with me everywhere :-)

I bought an other book in the Patrick Moore series too, "Lessons from the Masters: Current Concepts in Astronomical Image Processing". Any other recommendations out there while my shopping frenzy is high?


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Sarkikos
Postmaster
*****

Reged: 12/18/07

Loc: Scotophobe Maryland, USA
Re: Bill Paolini's book on EP's is out! new [Re: MRNUTTY]
      #6074552 - 09/11/13 08:21 AM

Suiter's Star Testing Astronomical Telescopes.

Not in the Patrick Moore series, but nontheless a book every amateur astronomer should possess.

Mike


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jeff Morgan
Postmaster
*****

Reged: 09/28/03

Loc: Prescott, AZ
Re: Bill Paolini's book on EP's is out! new [Re: Sarkikos]
      #6074575 - 09/11/13 08:42 AM

Quote:

Suiter's Star Testing Astronomical Telescopes.

Not in the Patrick Moore series, but nontheless a book every amateur astronomer should possess.

Mike




Must-have books could be a new thread.

I'll add Roger Clark's Visual Astronomy of the Deep Sky.


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
MRNUTTY
Carpal Tunnel
*****

Reged: 11/22/11

Loc: Mendon, MA
Re: Bill Paolini's book on EP's is out! new [Re: Jeff Morgan]
      #6074974 - 09/11/13 12:14 PM

Quote:

Must-have books could be a new thread.

I'll add Roger Clark's Visual Astronomy of the Deep Sky.




Good idea Jeff!


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kkokkolis
Carpal Tunnel
*****

Reged: 09/23/09

Loc: Piraeus, Greece
Re: Bill Paolini's book on EP's is out! new [Re: ibase]
      #6075497 - 09/11/13 04:36 PM

Quote:

Am surprised at the downward slide of the book's pricing at Amazon during the past few days, starting off at $42, the book is now being sold in Amazon for $29.48! (free shipping) What gives?




That's a more encouraging price. Still, the price I paid is less than a simple Plossl and it contains way more than Plossls. It is a kind of Playboy Special Edition, with all the centerfolds collected together. Lots of bunnies!


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Aquatone
sage


Reged: 03/23/06

Loc: California Bay Area
Re: Bill Paolini's book on EP's is out! new [Re: kkokkolis]
      #6075807 - 09/11/13 08:33 PM

Just received my copy. The content looks most excellent and the book is much thicker than I expected.

My only iritation is the cheap glue binding which is truly awful. The book is really hard to keep flat and the pages keep snapping shut like they are spring loaded. If I bend the spine I fear the pages will start to fall out.

I know this is a niche market and the author has little control over how the book is bound, but poor binding really spoils the experience for me. Probably have to go iPad/Kindle next time.

Chris


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)


Extra information
17 registered and 32 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  ausastronomer, droid, Scott in NC 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled


Thread views: 5780

Jump to

CN Forums Home


Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics