Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Speciality Forums >> Space Rocks

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Thorkill

Reged: 04/16/13

Loc: Troms, Norway
Re: I don`t know new [Re: Thorkill]
      #6150370 - 10/21/13 06:28 PM

I am not that much wiser, but a neighbour said the mountain behind here where bombed during WWII, and in the early 70`s Norwegian Army detonated some of the WWII bombs wich was found still armed.

I sent picture of the initial topic stone to a museum where the guy immediatly said it was burned schist, wich makes sense if the stone been close to detonatin place. I aint saying it is burned schist, but is is clearly burned, and it smells like burned gunpowder or New years eve firecrackers.

The bigger iron piece is now polished much smoother on bottom surface. I want to try the acid test on it sometimes, but i dont know when. And i dont know how, so it wont be done in the near future i guess. The ironpiece smells almost exactly like the topic stone.

Think i must finish with say thanks to all who looked and read this thread. And sorry for me speaking so much, and so many dumb/wrong questions and thoughts.

Thanks

Edited by Thorkill (10/21/13 06:37 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Thorkill

Reged: 04/16/13

Loc: Troms, Norway
Re: Back on the rock [Re: 1965healy]
      #6150395 - 10/21/13 06:44 PM

Quote:

I'll move it for you.

Thanks! (Better late than never?)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, darklighteditor 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1467

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics