Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Electronically Assisted Astronomy

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
mpgxsvcd
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 12/21/11

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina
Re: Anyone recognize this? Likely stolen from NSN new [Re: Dragon Man]
      #6153291 - 10/23/13 09:59 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Interesting to note that my video has been in You Tube for 2.5 years with only 'Likes'

In the last 5 minutes it has recieved its first 'Dislike'.
Gee, I wonder who Disliked it!
It wouldn't be the fraud poster that I messaged would it?

I wouldn’t have contacted him directly in any way. Dealing directly with the person is never a good thing in cases like this. Youtube will handle it if you go through the proper channels.

I am going to check his videos for any of my stuff. If he has used it then I will just claim the adsense money on it and then actually promote his channel. I figure if I am collecting money on it then why not let it stay up there.

Where it gets really dicey is if he used both of our stuff in one video. How do they determine who has the rights to it?

Travis, I didn't message him directly.
I attempted to post that message in his You Tube Video comment section under his video where everyone writes comments.

But he has it set up that he has to approve comments before they show up, and he isn't going to do that.

I see. It isn't worth even doing that. He can report your comments as harrasment. It is a big mess. Just file the copyright claim and they will deal with it sooner than if you just report the issue with that Flag icon. That report flag is used for a lot of different issues so they don't automatically respond to it right away. Based on some legal issues they had in the past with Viacom they are required to respond to copyright claims right away.

That is why if you use the copyright claim form they will immediately look at it. I used that form before on my own videos because they were dragging their feet putting ads on my videos. It worked but they caught on quickly to what I was doing and asked me to stop using that form for my own videos. It is intended for making claims against other people's videos. At the time I used it I was not aware of that fact.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
nytecam
Postmaster

Reged: 08/20/05

Loc: London UK
Re: Anyone recognize this? Likely stolen from NSN [Re: Dragon Man]
      #6153348 - 10/23/13 10:22 AM

Thanks Ken - I found the "flag" and posted to YT a copyright violation on my YT vid but intenet so slow it timedout after getting YT msg of blank acknowledgement

JimT
sage

Reged: 08/13/05

Loc: Milky Way Galaxy
Re: Anyone recognize this? Likely stolen from NSN new [Re: nytecam]
      #6154523 - 10/23/13 10:20 PM

Just in case you never really looked . In the site rules.

Broadcasters own the rights to all their productions on NSN. Users are not permitted to distribute, sell, remarket, rebrand, or use any portion of the video, broadcast, or images in any way shape or form, without verifiable authorization by the broadcaster. Verifiable means that it can actually be verified, verbal agreements are void and not acceptable reguardless of state / provincial law. NSN reserves the right to use any and all productions by any broadcasters without previous approval. Though we will ask anyway.

mpgxsvcd
Carpal Tunnel

Re: Anyone recognize this? Likely stolen from NSN new [Re: JimT]
      #6183062 - 11/08/13 02:17 PM

I confirmed with youtube that the correct URL to use to submit a copyright claim is below. If you use any other URL then they basically won't do anything about it.

Hello,
To learn more about this topic, please visit our Help Center at http://youtube.com/yt/copyright/copyright-complaint.html.
Sincerely,

The YouTube Team

germana1
professor emeritus

Reged: 05/14/09

Loc: New Jersey
Re: Anyone recognize this? Likely stolen from NSN new [Re: mpgxsvcd]
      #6183437 - 11/08/13 06:27 PM

Bad link for Me comes up 404 error
Pete

mpgxsvcd
Carpal Tunnel

Re: Anyone recognize this? Likely stolen from NSN new [Re: germana1]
      #6184701 - 11/09/13 01:20 PM

Quote:

Bad link for Me comes up 404 error
Pete

Sorry it got a period at the end of it. This one works.

http://youtube.com/yt/copyright/copyright-complaint.html

nytecam
Postmaster

Reged: 08/20/05

Loc: London UK
Re: Anyone recognize this? Likely stolen from NSN new [Re: mpgxsvcd]
      #6184796 - 11/09/13 02:33 PM

Quote:

I confirmed with youtube that the correct URL to use to submit a copyright claim is below. If you use any other URL then they basically won't do anything about it.

Hello,
To learn more about this topic, please visit our Help Center at http://youtube.com/yt/copyright/copyright-complaint.html.
Sincerely,

The YouTube Team

Thanks for that - the poached material of mine is still up there - I may resend via the [correct!] link.

mpgxsvcd
Carpal Tunnel

Re: Anyone recognize this? Likely stolen from NSN new [Re: nytecam]
      #6187917 - 11/11/13 01:59 AM

They just removed the climbing videos that infringed on my videos. They also disabled the user's account because he had multiple infractions.

This guy had several hundred videos that were copies and he was making a lot of money off of them. That linked worked in less than 3 days.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
6 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Pavlich, JayinUT 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1731

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics