Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Eyepieces

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
BillP
Postmaster

Reged: 11/26/06

Loc: Vienna, VA
Re: UPDATE: Prism Diagonals new [Re: Fomalhaut]
      #6299874 - 01/08/14 11:51 AM

Chris,
Unfortunately no one offered those to test. However, from all I have read most folks consider the TV Everbrite and the AP Maxbright to be equal optically. That being the case probably not much worth adding the AP to the mix. But don't know about the Baader one you mention. As a side, that many layers is kind of worrisome to me as more layers means more chances for imperfections and increasing impact from substrate imperfections as the layers build on that.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
fjs
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 03/25/13

Loc: Olympic Peninsula, USA
Re: UPDATE: Prism Diagonals new [Re: BillP]
      #6300147 - 01/08/14 02:19 PM

Bill, If you want to use my AP Maxbright, PM me your address.

Lance1234
sage

Reged: 11/01/12

Loc: SoCal
      #6300204 - 01/08/14 02:45 PM

Quote:

Chris,
Unfortunately no one offered those to test. However, from all I have read most folks consider the TV Everbrite and the AP Maxbright to be equal optically. That being the case probably not much worth adding the AP to the mix. But don't know about the Baader one you mention. As a side, that many layers is kind of worrisome to me as more layers means more chances for imperfections and increasing impact from substrate imperfections as the layers build on that.

The Baader dialectric diagonal (at least the 2" Clicklock) is the only dialectric diagonal that I am aware of that specifically claims to maintain 1/10 wave accuracy after coating so it might be interesting to include. However, with the number of diagonals you already have, we'll look forward to hearing your results in a couple of years.

BillP
Postmaster

Re: UPDATE: Prism Diagonals new [Re: Lance1234]
      #6300238 - 01/08/14 03:10 PM

Quote:

However, with the number of diagonals you already have, we'll look forward to hearing your results in a couple of years.

BillP
Postmaster

#6310458 - 01/13/14 03:01 PM

FYI, I am beginning a new thread on this in the Equipment Forum since this is not about eyepieces but about diagonals. Link. I have posted the pic of the final field of diagonal dreams 12 in total Including the infamous Vernonscope 1/20th wave quartz mirror!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
39 registered and 44 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  ausastronomer, droid, cbwerner, kkokkolis 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5802

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics