Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

General Astronomy >> Outreach

Pages: 1
prostcj

Reged: 06/20/12

An excellent midwest astronomy club
      #6242252 - 12/09/13 09:35 AM Attachment (9 downloads)

The Twin City Amateur Astronomers is an Illinois club founded in Bloomington/Normal, Il. The club is possibly the best funded amateur astronomy club in the mid west with the following Telescopes available to members:
-17" CDK with U16 mounted on a paramount ME in a permanent dome observatory with complete set of Astrodon filters.
-20" CDK for visual or with ST8300 (complete set of Baader filters) riding an AP1600 in a roll off roof building
-Tak CCA250 with reducer, Aspen 16m, and full set of Astrodon filters riding on a paramount ME
-Coronado doublestack 90 riding on a cge for visual or with the clubs IS-51m camera.
-Celestron HD11 for visual on a soon to arrive AP1100.

All this available for only $40 a year for family and $25 a year for students. This equipment is absolutely top of the line and available at a dark site just a couple miles off of I-55 just south of Bloomington, IL.
Right now this club is the best kept secret for astronomy in the midwest and it needs more enthusiastic members willing to make use of all the equipment. Even for those in Chicago and St. Louis, $40 is worth it to be within 2-3 hours of such great gear...
http://tcaa.us/Home.aspx
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Twin-City-Amateur-Astronomers/137982392895671
Yahoo users group is TCAA

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
csrlice12
Postmaster

Reged: 05/22/12

Loc: Denver, CO
Re: An excellent midwest astronomy club new [Re: prostcj]
      #6242467 - 12/09/13 11:37 AM

It'd be worth $40 even if you're from out of state. Anyone out there who spends their life traveling from observing site to observing site (you lucky dog)?

prostcj

Reged: 06/20/12

Re: An excellent midwest astronomy club new [Re: csrlice12]
      #6242947 - 12/09/13 03:44 PM

So few people know about it. I'm trying to get out the word. I posted this on the CCD forum as well but the moderators took it down for some reason.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  tecmage 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 425

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics