Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1
MikeBOKC
Post Laureate

Reged: 05/10/10

Loc: Oklahoma City, OK
Any IEQ-AZ mounts in action?
      #6350004 - 02/01/14 08:47 PM

Since Ioptron announced the IEQ-AZ dual EQ/AZ mounts I have not heard many comments from early adaptors. This mount appears to hit the niche that the Meade LX-80 aimed for and largely missed. Anyone have experiences with this mount, including reports of the types of scope(s) carried in dual AZ mode and accessories needed to make that work? It seems this would be an ideal mount for outreach events, which is what I was interested in he LX-80 for in the first place.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Kunama
professor emeritus

Reged: 10/22/12

Re: Any IEQ-AZ mounts in action? new [Re: MikeBOKC]
      #6350549 - 02/02/14 03:12 AM

Hi Mike, I too have been hoping to see some reviews of this mount, my plan being to have a scope on either side, one with an eyepiece and the other set up for 'live' video with a small monitor for social/outreach events.

A friend had the eq version until recently and was very happy with it but so far no user reviews of the altaz.

johnpd
sage

Reged: 04/13/08

Re: Any IEQ-AZ mounts in action? new [Re: MikeBOKC]
      #6350600 - 02/02/14 04:50 AM

I don't have one but in reading the instructions for it, switching from EQ to AZ is a little involved requiring you to remove the polar finder scope first.

JohnD

Pages: 1

Extra information
15 registered and 25 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay, iceblaze 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 129

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics