Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1
wpage66

Reged: 02/02/11

Loc: on the yellow brick road
HDX-110, EQ8 meridian
      #6374181 - 02/13/14 01:37 PM

Looking at the new HDX-110 and feel it might be just what I need when I get by Obs set up when the cold weather is done.

Two main questions that I have.
1) has anyone been able to determin if it will pass the meridian when imaging, if so how far. Other mounts CGEM do I think up to 2hr. I have searched the manual (orion - version) and not found any reference to it.

2) the SkyWatcher version list GPS as in the controller but nothing on GPS on the HDX ver, or is it just not listed in the manual as a feature.

This looks very interesing. On my short list with LX850, CGE pro, HDX-110. Going to pull the trigger on one by June to mount on peir.

Wayne

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Geo.
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 10/01/08

Loc: Upstate NY
Re: HDX-110, EQ8 meridian new [Re: wpage66]
      #6374445 - 02/13/14 04:32 PM

Pages 27-28 in the CGEM manual. Flip - in the default setting the mount will continue to track past the Meridian according the RA slew limits that have been set.

RA Limits - the limits that the telescope can slew or track in Right Ascension (R.A.) before stopping. The default slew limit is 0º, being the position when the Dec axis is horizontal. The slew limits can be set to automatically stop anywhere between 40º above level to 20º below 0º. Tracking stops at the set or default limit. Selecting goto will flip the meridian again to center the object.

Dan Crowson
professor emeritus

Reged: 10/08/10

Loc: O'Fallon, MO
Re: HDX-110, EQ8 meridian new [Re: Geo.]
      #6379639 - 02/16/14 03:45 PM

Wayne,

I think tracking through the meridian would have to do with your setup. For example, with my Atlas, I can track for hours past the meridian on some targets but only 20-30 minutes for others because my camera would hit the tripod.

Dan

Pages: 1

Extra information
26 registered and 27 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 403

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics