Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1
Emanuel
sage

Reged: 08/30/09

Mount help
      #6440964 - 04/01/14 07:48 AM Attachment (14 downloads)

Hey good people, how's going?
Need a hand from you guys! An astro friend just got lucky and by buying a house, the previous owner left him with a telescope, a Bosma 6" mak and a equatorial 5 mount. But, at the same time, he got also a lot of problems, because the telescope and mount were all over the floor, with no protection at all, and covered with dust and dirt! The mak, he managed to cleanned more or less, but the mount is a mess. He's new to the hobbie, and he's very far away from me, otherwise i would go to his place and help him out. What is really needed is a video on how to dissassembly, cleanning , lubricate and assembly the mount. Im not sure wich equatorial 5 is, maybe a Skywatcher or a similar clone, here's a photo of it, send it by him, at present condition. Thanks for all the help guys.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
GordonCopestake
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 03/02/06

Loc: Newcastle-under-Lyme, UK
Re: Mount help new [Re: Emanuel]
      #6440977 - 04/01/14 07:57 AM

Looks like an old EQ5/CG5, likely most of the dust and grim is surface only and a simple wipe down with a damp cloth should clear most of it away. If you release the clutches does it turn freely?

Eddgie
Postmaster

Reged: 02/01/06

Re: Mount help new [Re: Emanuel]
      #6441069 - 04/01/14 08:59 AM

http://astronomyboy.com/cg5/

Emanuel
sage

Reged: 08/30/09

Re: Mount help new [Re: Eddgie]
      #6442246 - 04/01/14 07:45 PM

Thanks for the help guys! I cannot tell how its working, or if it works at all! Like i said, im very far away from him, and im trying to give all the possible help at a distance! For a new guy on astronomy and telescopes, its not going to be easy! :/

Pages: 1

Extra information
6 registered and 32 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 212

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics