Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Speciality Forums >> Astronomy Shows & Conferences

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Gone caving
Vendor (Lunt Solar Systems, Lunt Engineering)

Reged: 04/02/07

Loc: Underground... really
Re: 2014 Arizona Science and Astronomy Expo new [Re: stevecoe]
      #6574583 - 06/10/14 12:02 PM

The Arizona Science & Astronomy Expo 2014 is extremely excited to present an out of this world keynote speaker former astronaut and "Hubble Repairman", Dr. John M. Grunsfeld!
Dr. Grunsfeld is an American physicist and a former NASA astronaut. He is a veteran of five Space Shuttle flights and has served as NASA Chief Scientist. His academic background includes research in high energy astrophysics, cosmic ray physics and the emerging field of exoplanet studies with specific interest in future astronomical instrumentation. After retiring from NASA in 2009, he served as the Deputy Director of the Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore, Maryland. In January 2012, he returned to NASA and is currently serving as associate administrator of NASA's Science Mission Directorate
You won't want to miss his lecture so stay tuned .

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Gone caving

Re: 2014 Arizona Science and Astronomy Expo new [Re: Gone caving]
      #6574589 - 06/10/14 12:07 PM

The Arizona Science & Astronomy Expo 2014 is pleased to welcome Dr. Mark Clampin as a keynote speaker!
MEET MARK CLAMPIN: WEBB TELESCOPE OBSERVATORY PROJECT SCIENTIST!
"Dr. Mark Clampin loves talking about the James Webb Space Telescope and has done so at many meetings for scientific, technical and general audiences. He is currently the Webb telescope Observatory Project Scientist and works in the Exoplanets and Stellar Astrophysics Laboratory at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md."
Stop by and hear what will prove to be a very interesting lecture by Dr. Clampin.
Stay tuned for more exciting announcements from this year's EXPO!

Gone caving

Re: 2014 Arizona Science and Astronomy Expo [Re: rboe]
      #6602598 - 06/26/14 09:51 AM

Quote:

My wife put you up to that didn't she.

I'm eyeing a mount this year (same as last) but open to a nice inexpensive 8" cat if one shows up.

Your wife said if you don't come home with a new solar scope she's kicking your.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  WOBentley 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3979

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics