- iOptron HAZ-46 Alt Azi Mount Review
- Brandon Vernonscope 94mmF7 APO first impressions.
- A quick review of the iStar Phantom FCL 140-6.5
- Explore Scientific, 16 inch / F 4.5 Truss tube Dobsonian
- Celestron PowerSeeker 70AZ Telescope ($10 Scope)
- Orion EQ-26 Mount Review
- Review of Explore Scientific First Light 8
- Rebuilding my CGE Pro
- COUNTING SUNSPOTS WITH A $10 OPTICAL TUBE ASSEMBLY
- Hubble Optics 14 inch Dobsonian - Part 2: The SiTech GoTo system
- iStar Optical’s Phantom FCL 140-6.5 review
- Who’s Afraid of a Phantom: Istar Phantom 140mm F/6.5, that is?
- SHARPSTAR 94EDPH APOCHROMATIC REFRACTOR
- My Losmandy G11T review
- FIELD TEST: THE NOH CT-20 ALT-AZ MOUNT
CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.
Dec 17 2009 11:30 AM | David E in Eyepieces
The prodigiously popular Plossl is a perennial pick with astronomers, young and old. Invented in mid-1800 by G. S. Plossl of Austria, it is one of the oldest eyepiece designs still readily available. His design, however, remained obscure for
Sep 15 2005 06:44 AM | Clive Gibbons in Eyepieces
First off, I'll admit to being a lover of old optics. Vintage scopes and accessories hold a special appeal to me. So, when I was clearing out some old space at work the other day and found something that looked tarnished and brassy,