- My experience using two 80-millimeter long-focus refractors
- GSO 8-inch TRUE CASSEGRAIN
- Celestron Regal 65ED M2
- Review: The Vixen FL55ss
- PrimaLuceLab Eagle Review
- interstellarum Deep Sky Guide Desk Edition
- Chronicling the Golden Age of Astronomy: A History of Visual Observing from...
- Omegon Mini Track LX2 Review
- Review of the APM 152 ED serial number 245
- THE BURGESS 24MM MODIFIED ERFLE & 10MM ULTRAMONO
- APM 140mm DOUBLET APO REFRACTOR
- Comparison of the Boltwood II and Sky Alert Cloud Sensors
- Chile Dilly!
- MONO & BINO VIEWING WITH THE BAADER MORPHEUS 17.5MM EYEPIECE
- The Eye of the Flak (Das Auge der Flak)
CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.
Mar 17 2005 12:13 PM | Guest in How to Gain the Support of your Family for your Astronomical Pursuits
My wife Debby and I used to argue about my obsession with astronomy all the time. Especially when new moon weekend rolled around once a month. I tried the usual arguments, "Just be glad I'm not out drinking" or "I could have a really expensive hobby like a $15,000 fishing boat". I also tried to get her to come observing with me. That was a flop too. It doesn't interest her in the least. She does like Saturn though. (Who doesn't?)