- FIELD TEST: THE NOH CT-20 ALT-AZ MOUNT
- SkyTee-2 Alt/Az Mount Review
- SharpStar Askar ACL200 200-mm f/4 astrographic telephoto lens
- A review of the Unistellar EVscope
- Astrotrac 360 tracking platform – first impression
- FIELD TEST: CARL ZEISS APOCHROMATIC & SHARPEST (CZAS) BINOVIEWER
- Omegon 32mm 70º SWA eyepiece review
- Review of iPolar hardware and software for polar alignment
- Review of the Hubble Optics 14 inch, f/4.6 Premium Ultra Light Dobsonian Tele...
- My experience with the Starizona Landing Pad
- A quick Review of the MIGHTY MAX 12V 100AH BATTERY
- Nexus II Review
- New Moon Telescopes 20”F/3.3 Review
- FIELD TEST OF THE BAADER MAXBRIGHT® II BINOVIEWER
- My Experience using SkyWatch for the Alphea All Sky Camera from Alcor Systems
CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.
Apr 19 2012 11:50 AM | tomharri in How to . . .
Here is my solution for a one trip, everything at once, no heavy lifting, already set-up to go, scope.
Dec 22 2009 09:25 AM | Guest in How to . . .
The battery holder that comes with the telescope mount is a light plastic bag which contains a four-battery holder and some wire that are only lightly attached. I do not like this contraption so I redesigned my own
Dec 17 2009 11:56 AM | Guest in How to . . .
As many astronomy gazers might discover, dark adaption is the utmost priority in viewing the night sky. And, unless you're
Dec 17 2009 09:49 AM | Zamboni in How to . . .
As many astronomers know, no single type of finderscope can be considered the end-all and be-all of sighting equipment. Many observers have multiple sighting devices on a single telescope. One of the most common combinations is the
Dec 08 2009 07:24 AM | Awesomelenny in How to . . .
I have had the frustrations in connecting RoboFocus with CCD Soft in the setup. Even though CCD Soft does have RoboFocuser in its pull-down menu, the user like me is confronted with a nagging error message in CCD Soft saying it Failed to connect to Focuser! After I got this to work, I documented it.
Aug 25 2009 04:45 AM | Starman1 in How to . . .
Collimation is the alignment of the optical parts of a telescope. Though lining up the secondary under the focuser is essential for uniform illumination of the field of view, there are only two alignments in collimation: the focuser axis (done by adjusting the secondary mirror), and the Primary Axis (done by adjusting the primary mirror).
Aug 06 2009 07:57 AM | deSitter in How to . . .
The Royce conical mirrors represent a great advance in Newtonian mirror technology