- SkyTee-2 Alt/Az Mount Review
- SharpStar Askar ACL200 200-mm f/4 astrographic telephoto lens
- A review of the Unistellar EVscope
- Astrotrac 360 tracking platform – first impression
- FIELD TEST: CARL ZEISS APOCHROMATIC & SHARPEST (CZAS) BINOVIEWER
- Omegon 32mm 70º SWA eyepiece review
- Review of iPolar hardware and software for polar alignment
- Review of the Hubble Optics 14 inch, f/4.6 Premium Ultra Light Dobsonian Tele...
- My experience with the Starizona Landing Pad
- A quick Review of the MIGHTY MAX 12V 100AH BATTERY
- Nexus II Review
- New Moon Telescopes 20”F/3.3 Review
- FIELD TEST OF THE BAADER MAXBRIGHT® II BINOVIEWER
- My Experience using SkyWatch for the Alphea All Sky Camera from Alcor Systems
- Astroart 7 - A Review and "How To" (Part 1)
CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.
Jul 01 2021 05:00 AM | Michael Covington in User Reviews
I strongly recommend the ACL200 for wide-field astrophotography. It also has some uses for (fully manual) nature and landscape photography. The optical performance is exceptional, and the physical construction is unusually well suited for astronomical use.
Jun 01 2021 05:00 AM | bmwscopeguy in User Reviews
Well here is another product that has received a lot of hype and press, but without divulging much useful information about the telescope itself. Well needless to say, the hype worked on me….and I took delivery of my (used) Unistellar EVscope today.
Jan 31 2021 12:31 PM | Magnar W. in User Reviews
After some waiting my Astrotrac 360 arrived, and the drive looks great straight out of the box. Beautifully machined, light weight, and compact. Just what I was asking for, after moving to a city, leaving my fully equipped small observatory behind me at the countryside.
Jan 24 2021 01:09 PM | BillP in User Reviews
This astronomical binoviewer is offered by Denis Levatić of Croatia (firstname.lastname@example.org) as an after-market modification of new Zeiss binoviewer bodies. Mr. Levatić's value-added modifications to these Zeiss binoviewer bodies are then offered under the moniker of "The Carl Zeiss Apochromatic & Sharpest Binoviewer".
Dec 05 2020 01:38 PM | stephen.kennedy in User Reviews
iOptron’s iPolar upgrade, which replaces the optical scope on the iOptron SkyGuider Pro, does not accurately provide polar alignment when compared to results measured using identical equipment operating Sharpcap Pro and the specified guide camera and scope. Data was collected while simultaneously running both the iPolar alignment software and SharcapPro on the same equipment. The deficiency is consistent with an issue in the iPolar system’s calculation of altitude parameters in polar alignment after plate solving.
Sep 29 2020 12:15 PM | Chris Westland in User Reviews
I looked at HO telescopes for some time before purchasing mine. On paper, the design is elegant, and takes advantage of the 6063-T6 aluminum alloy used in all of the telescope’s components. The sandwich mirror is innovative. The upper cage looks more rigid than a flat ring, but without being too heavy. In general the HO telescopes are unique and affordable. I am a previous owner of an Obsession Classic 20", and Dave Kriege’s scope set a standard for what I was expecting from a Dobsonian telescope.
Aug 29 2020 11:16 AM | skunkwirks in User Reviews
I would highly recommend this battery for your portable equipment, I am convinced.