- My Losmandy G11T review
- FIELD TEST: THE NOH CT-20 ALT-AZ MOUNT
- SkyTee-2 Alt/Az Mount Review
- SharpStar Askar ACL200 200-mm f/4 astrographic telephoto lens
- A review of the Unistellar EVscope
- Astrotrac 360 tracking platform – first impression
- FIELD TEST: CARL ZEISS APOCHROMATIC & SHARPEST (CZAS) BINOVIEWER
- Omegon 32mm 70º SWA eyepiece review
- Review of iPolar hardware and software for polar alignment
- Review of the Hubble Optics 14 inch, f/4.6 Premium Ultra Light Dobsonian Tele...
- My experience with the Starizona Landing Pad
- A quick Review of the MIGHTY MAX 12V 100AH BATTERY
- Nexus II Review
- New Moon Telescopes 20”F/3.3 Review
- FIELD TEST OF THE BAADER MAXBRIGHT® II BINOVIEWER
CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.
Jun 29 2010 01:13 PM | atelierbks in Accessories
The ISTAR’s outstanding quality was its construction and price/performance ratio. Its thicker mirror, drawtube baffle, low-scatter interior, and quality of metal finishing testifies that it was custom-designed and custom-produced. How ISTAR does this for $89.00 is beyond me.
Apr 02 2010 10:11 AM | Mr. Bill in Accessories
It resembles a small flashlight (takes 3 AAA batteries) with an off/on pushbutton switch and has a metal mask with 5 precision pinholes (50/100/150/200/250 microns) and a white LED aligned to each pinhole. You can select the
Feb 19 2010 07:42 AM | Guest in Focusers (Electric and Manual)
My goal was to achieve a finer degree of focus control for imaging than the 3545 was able to provide manually on my TEC 140. The 3545 is superb for visual use. It is much more difficult to come to a tight focus with high magnification and narrow FOV in planetary CCD imaging because
Jan 06 2010 11:50 AM | jcely7 in Accessories
The Atlas/Skywatcher EQ-6 is well known as a heavy duty mount on a budget. However, it comes standard with a saddle that only accepts the vixen style dovetail. It you wanted to mount the 3" wide losmandy type dovetail, you were forced to buy