- Celestron Regal 65ED M2
- Review: The Vixen FL55ss
- PrimaLuceLab Eagle Review
- interstellarum Deep Sky Guide Desk Edition
- Chronicling the Golden Age of Astronomy: A History of Visual Observing from...
- Omegon Mini Track LX2 Review
- Review of the APM 152 ED serial number 245
- THE BURGESS 24MM MODIFIED ERFLE & 10MM ULTRAMONO
- APM 140mm DOUBLET APO REFRACTOR
- Comparison of the Boltwood II and Sky Alert Cloud Sensors
- Chile Dilly!
- MONO & BINO VIEWING WITH THE BAADER MORPHEUS 17.5MM EYEPIECE
- The Eye of the Flak (Das Auge der Flak)
- COMPARING THE MASUYAMA 25MM 52°, 25MM 65°, AND 26MM 85°
- BRESSER 4 Inch f 4.5 AR 102XS Refractor visual observers’ REVIEW
CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.
Stellarvue 1.25" 90 Degree Dielectric Mirror Star Diagonal
Discuss this article in our forums
My Comments: My name is Anthony Rogers and I live in the Mojave Desert in Southern California. I have been into amateur astronomy since 2003 plus I have been registered on Cloudy Nights since 09/24/07 as stargazertony. Over the years I have owned 10 telescopes but my collection is now down to four telescopes which consists of two Newtonians, one Maksutov, and one SCT.
I purchased the Stellarvue 1.25" Dielectric Diagonal to replace the stock prism diagonal that came with my 102mm Orion Apex Maksutov and for use in my Meade LX3 8” SCT. This diagonal has the enhanced 99% reflective dielectric coating which is designed to take more cleaning abuse than other softer mirror coatings. The diagonal contains a compression ring which holds the eyepieces firmly and will not mark up the barrels. The insert tube has a safety groove and filter thread which is convienient. My Stellarvue diagonal has an all aluminum construction and has a good weight to it plus the fit and finish are superb. I am really impressed with the build and quality of this accessory.
Stellarvue states that every diagonal is inspected and adjusted when it is shipped out and mine came perfectly aligned. As for optical performance you will not see a huge difference but it is noticeable and any added reflectivity counts in my opinion.
Pros: Dielectric 99% coating, Oversized 1/10th wave mirror, Factory tested when shipped.
Cons: None in my opinion.
Recommended: Yes, I highly recommend this product!
- father&son likes this