- My Losmandy G11T review
- FIELD TEST: THE NOH CT-20 ALT-AZ MOUNT
- SkyTee-2 Alt/Az Mount Review
- SharpStar Askar ACL200 200-mm f/4 astrographic telephoto lens
- A review of the Unistellar EVscope
- Astrotrac 360 tracking platform – first impression
- FIELD TEST: CARL ZEISS APOCHROMATIC & SHARPEST (CZAS) BINOVIEWER
- Omegon 32mm 70º SWA eyepiece review
- Review of iPolar hardware and software for polar alignment
- Review of the Hubble Optics 14 inch, f/4.6 Premium Ultra Light Dobsonian Tele...
- My experience with the Starizona Landing Pad
- A quick Review of the MIGHTY MAX 12V 100AH BATTERY
- Nexus II Review
- New Moon Telescopes 20”F/3.3 Review
- FIELD TEST OF THE BAADER MAXBRIGHT® II BINOVIEWER
CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.
Jun 19 2010 12:36 PM | Guest in Eyepieces
The tapered recess on the 1.25" barrel of a number of Baader Hyperion eyepieces is too big. This may interfere with your focuser's or diagonal's compression ring where the eyepiece cannot firmly be secured. If you use a setscrew or you use the 2" sleeve, then this does not apply.
Jun 16 2010 01:55 PM | desertstars in Eyepiece Sets
If you have a moderately fast Newtonian reflector and feel in need of something in the way of an eyepiece upgrade, but don’t want to wear out the credit card too quickly, consider Orion’s Stratus eyepieces.
Jan 14 2010 07:05 AM | andydj5xp in Zooms
My acquaintance with zoom eyepieces dates back in 2001 with the purchase of my Leica 22-7.3mm Zoom for my Leica Apo-Televid 77. In 2003 I got my first astronomical telescope, a 115/805mm TMB/APM apochromat. The Leica Zoom was
Jan 06 2010 11:57 AM | DOTrevino in Eyepieces (14mm - 55mm)
I was struck with aperture fever and I sold that scope in order to purchase a mirror blank and material to make my own telescope. But I kept the good eyepieces. A few months later and my 12 inch reflector saw